Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It most probably will be prop - Dash 8 Q400

Nivsy
Hi, thanks for that. Yes it is flight no. BE833 sorry should have given that detail in the first place. :whoops
why do people worry so much about propellers??

.........it's the landing gear that got Q400s a bad reputation!
Maybe you have answered your own question in respect of the Q400 Steve....lol..

I actually quite like it...

Nivsy
Flybe announced yesterday, they are starting a new direct route Inverness(INV) to Amsterdam(AMS) starting on 5th September. Flights will be Monday-Fridays & Sundays. Departing from Inverness at 1305 (1:05pm) and departing from Amsterdam at 1630 (4:30pm). Wonder how long this flight will last. As when KLM did this route in the late 1990s, it didn't last that long.
Flybe is to re-establish flights between Newquay and Manchester this winter, following the cessation in September of Air Southwest operations:
http://www.flybe.com/corporate/media/news/1107/26.htm

David :wave
Flybe shares slump following second profits warning

UK regional airline Flybe has seen its shares plunge 36% following its second profits warning in five months.

Shares fell to 65p on Wednesday and this morning were trading at 66p. They were listed at 295p when the airline floated last December.

Europe's biggest regional airline by routes said a recent slowdown in demand for domestic flights would hit its full-year profits. Sales for the six months to October were 1% below management expectations.

Also, forward ticket sales are up just 1% over last year, which is less than anticipated.

With permission from Travelmole

There is also news today that Flybe is to axe services from Belfast to Liverpool and Doncaster from the end of this month:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15204752

David :wave
Flybe sinks further into red

Regional carrier Flybe has made a further £6.2m pre-tax loss on top of the £4.3m lost last year.

However, the airline described the 44% decline for the full year to March 31 as "in line with expectations".

Revenue increased 14% to £678.8m against a rise in passenger numbers of 5.8% to 7.6m.

Chairman and chief executive Jim French said Flybe had a "robust business model and a clear growth strategy".

He said the airline was mitigating the impact of the economic downturn in the UK through a continued focus on managing costs and capacity.
"We are pleased with the progress we have made with Flybe Finland, underpinning our European expansion plans and the replication of our UK operations," he said.

"Meanwhile, our fleet substitution programme, along with a de-risking of the business through a significant increase in contract flying, will have a far reaching beneficial impact on the business and one that will benefit the Group for many years to come.

"We will continue to invest in the Group"s future ensuring that we maintain our market leading regional position in the UK and, at the same time, seeking to build a similar position across Europe."

French admitted the business environment was "challenging" but he insisted Flybe was resilient. "Flybe is well placed to take advantage of any improvement in the UK macro environment and has a strong platform in Europe to leverage, leaving the Group strongly placed for the future," he said.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi I am flying with flybe from Glasgow to Venice on Sunday 9th September, flight number BE9935 and wondered if anyone knows what type of aircraft this will be. It is a charter flight with Thomas Cook incase that makes a difference. Thanks
Hi Darren!
Any idea of the equipment used on flight number BE793 Glasgow - Birmingham this Sunday (23rd)
Coming back on BE794 on Friday 28th
jc1,

I only got back yesterday so a little late for you now!

Darren
Just had an email from Fly be. They have released their winter flights today (up to 21st Feb '14 ). From Friday 22nd (two days time), you will be able to book Feb half term flights
We are flying with them to Jersey.
Flybe is to end all its domestic flights from Gatwick on 29th March 2014 after selling their slots to EasyJet for £20 million. Further details on Travelmole.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:

Not sure of this is a good or bad thing! Flew with flybe in may for the first time. Quite impressed with them, and would use again.
Anyone tried to use online checkin Faro to Southampton? I've just tried to checkin for my flight tomorrow night and it isn't allowing printing if boarding pass and the booking states: checked in - Airport. So I'm assuming you can't do anything but checkin at Faro. Anyone experience of this as this is the first time I've flown with Flybe. Thanks in advance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.