Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
New air link between Scotland and West of Ireland

Flybe will launch flights between Edinburgh and Knock, starting on April 19 next year.

The three times a week service will be Flybe's 18th route from the Scottish capital, including those operated by franchise partner, Loganair.

This will be the only air link between Scotland and Knock.

With permission from Travelmole
flying from man to salzburg on 15th jan BE9731 can u tell me what aircraft its likely to be thanks
buster27,

It should be an Embraer 190 as mentioned previously.

Darren
recently ask u regards to my up and coming ski holiday flying man to szg on 15th jan which aircraft is likely to be used Embraer 190. when i looked at salzburg airport arrivals yesterday it showed it as a Q4 do they change aircraft to suit how many passengers are flying at the time ?
buster27,

They may do with it being a ski charter. If you can post flight numbers (can't check without them), I can look for you.

Darren
BE9731/32 man to szg 15th jan direct ski thanks
buster27 wrote:
BE9731/32 man to szg 15th jan direct ski thanks

It's been a DHC-8-402Q mainly from what I can see in December, with an odd E190.

Darren
so in january it should be a Embraer 190 only asking with being a very nervous flyer and the thought of being on a plane with propellers i no i wouldnt get on so gona bookk a seperate flight if its the case many thanks
buster27 wrote:
so in january it should be a Embraer 190 only asking with being a very nervous flyer and the thought of being on a plane with propellers i no i wouldnt get on so gona bookk a seperate flight if its the case many thanks

I know many passengers are nervous about flying on prop aircraft, but they are perfectly safe. Propeller driven aircraft have been around twice as long as turbine powered aircraft don't forget. The Dash-8 is a turbo-prop, it's powered by a small jet engine coupled to a propeller so it's an in-between. Modern jet engines are high bypass turbo-fans where they have a huge encased fan at the front of the engine rather than a a prop. Just think of the prop as an exposed fan. The Dash-8 has a good safety record so there's really no reason to fear flying on them. The Q series are the most advanded version of the Dash-8 with the Q denoting it's the quiet version (noise cancelling inside the cabin). I've flown on prop aircraft built as far back as the 1930's, a far cry from modern prop aircraft and there's really nothing to fear. It's only a short flight. A G&T or equivelent after take off and you'll be their before you know it.

Darren
cheers for the info what would u think the flying time will be ?
buster27,

The flight time is on your tickets; take the departure time from the arrival time and adjust for the time difference. MAN-SZG is 772 miles so approx 1 hour 55 mins in a DHC-8-400 or 1 hour 25 mins in an E190.

Darren
You can see the Q-400 at http://www.q400nextgen.com/q400/en/home.jsp - click on Interiors - is that what you were expecting from a plane with propellers?

I flew in a flybe Q-400 from Salzburg a few Decembers ago, took off at dusk and came back just inside the German border with views of the sun setting over the mountains covered in snow all the way until near the French border- fantastic!
from wer ever u get all your information what aircraft would u think will be used ? and how close to departure date can u be 100% what aircraft it is ? cheers
buster27,

As it's a ski charter and not part of Flybe's regular scheduled services, it's not showing on the schedules. I can only give you the information as previously. Work out the flight time from times given on your tickets (or post them here and I'll do it for you) and compare it to those I gave above. That should indicate the aircraft for your particular flight.

Darren
just bin looking at szg website and from this sunday its showing flight as a e95 now is it likey to be same plane on 15th jan from man ?
buster27,

As I've mentioned before, with it being a ski charter, it's not on the regular scheduled. It's been a mixture of DH4 and E190. I suspected it would be an E190, but I can't confirm either way as it's not on the schedule.

Darren

PS can you please refrain from using shortened, text type as some members use screen readers that don't pick up on these words. Thanks
hope it still show a E190 a few days before on salzburg airport website so i can fly with me mates. ive booked a new flight incase. dont wont to risk loseing my holiday if it goes back to showing a DH4 i just no i wouldnt get on. thanks for all the help
I haven't flown with flybe for a couple of years and was going to book a flight today but an error occured after i had put in all my details, and for once i'm glad it did. I didn't find there site very user friendly, and that they could charge £18 for using my debit card, and if your not very careful you could end up paying for seats when you don't have to.It has put off me off using the site or at least till i get an electron card.
Flying Birmingham to Inverness on Friday, any info on the plane that flybe use would be appreciated. Hope it is not propellor!! :fly :omg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.