General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Thanks Kedi, that's what I thought. The stockings are expensive as well.
hi all....one of our party will be 33wks pregnant on return flight....and she is looking forward to going still...checked thomas cook info about it and it states can fly upto 34 wks but will need midwife And doctors letter.....have read of some of you flying upto 30wks ...but has anyone flew later...I booked it last oct for this july ... about 2 months before she became pregnant....tweetie
I flew at 34 weeks, that was the latest I could travel. I had to get a letter from my doctor in Turkey saying I was fit to travel but they never asked to see it at the airport. Make sure your friend takes her maternity notes with her and check out where the nearest hospital/doctor is just in case she needs to get there quickly. Also make sure that her travel insurance covers her.

It is pretty uncomfortable sitting on a plane for hours so she should get up and walk around as mucha s she can. Also tell her to by some flight stockings as they are recommended when you are pregnant.

Kedi
thanks kedi.....will just keep my fingers crossed everything goes to plan...though thomacook state 34wks I hadnt known of any one who had flown that late....tweetie
I would never have chosen to fly that late for a holiday but I was living in Turkey at the time and needed to come home for the birth but I wanted to leave it as late as possible to fly. I must admit I was a bit nervous flying home, particularly as I was on my own.
kedi....do you know if there is an insurance you can get specifically to cover getting you home if you have a prem baby while on holiday..tweetie
I have no idea... Sorry. What a thought though :yikes
hi kedi....all medical bills covered on the E11 card....but can cost £10,000 to get you home with baby in incubator....and there was a woman who had prem baby in France....and they dont pay hotel bill ect on insurance either on standard cover....she was in a right mess trying to pay expenses to stay with baby and raise the funds to get them home...have found a few companies that are advertising cover for prem birth...and one that will cover travel up to full term (some are saying with conditions and one of conditions is travel back upto 8 weeks before due dates) but havent phoned yet to find out exactly what they cover....will post on here what I find....for info for others....dont think would be mums realise what wont be covered even if they travel before 28wks....and though less likely to go into labour abroad before 28wks the implications of doing so are more serious....and the more reasons to get proper cover for expenses of remaining abroad and to bring you and baby home....tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.