General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
flip flops
38 Posts
Joolz the only colour with the Elle mag in Asda last night was metallic green. Very nice, didn't buy a copy, the mag seemed very thin! But I will go back and get some.

Which mag has the faith ones? I didn't see any of those. Sugar mag ones are also quite nice, floral patterned, only had red in Asda. They seem to bung all the same colour together in assignments don't they?
Mag with the Faith Ones is "New Woman" :? £2.80
Thanks. Maybe they had sold out, I'll check elsewhere.
Just got the ELLE ones from Tesco in the gold/bronze colour and yes they do look lovely on especially with tanned feet. Got my daughter the sugar mag with the Hooch flip flops in pink and my sister bought the In Style mag with the LK Bennett flip flops in, which again are very nice, she had the pink floral but they also had the yellow floral all from Tescos earlier on. :D
Went to the supermarket and the flip flops on the front of "in style" mag really caught my eye... V pretty and just what i need to go with the blue bikini.

On getting the mag home I realised that the mag was rubbish (but my mum liked it) and the flip flops didn't fit (but fitted my mum :evil: ) so all in all there are big tantrums afoot. What a waste of £3.20, but at least mummy was pleased...!
I got the Elle ones in metallic green, they are really nice. I thought they looked nicer than the faith ones in New Woman, however I thought Elle was rubbish!

I also bought Red with free wash bag and makeup bag cos they looked quite funky for putting stuff in.
Rushed into Tesco and they had 2 of the magazines, cheeky that I am found they opened quite easily so tried on one of the flip flops from each pair (I take a 7) and neither of the M/L fit me, I was most dissapointed. But I didn`t really need the flip flops it was cos they were free, and if the magazines are not too brilliant then I`m glad I saved my money!
Am amazed how many of these FREE flip flops are for sale on Ebay at the mo :roll:

People selling them are making a tidy sum on them as they're advertising them as the relevant brand name but failing to advise that they came free with a mag or that they're not purchased from the genuine shop. Some of the cheeky blighters are even indicating "they no longer have the box they came in available only a plastic wrapper" :shock:

Worse still peeps are paying good money for them :!:
That's a good idea... :lol: Slightly underhand and devious but hey, I want my £3.20 back! 8) I'm sure I could find a spare shoebox as well... :wink:
Well if people are willing to buy them then good luck to them. I can't imagine why anyone would go to the trouble of ordering flip flops from ebay when the shops are full of them.
I suspect they're willing to bid for them because they dont have a "Faith" or "Kurt Geiger" shop in their area..............although they'll be sorely disappointed when they get them as they're not really the genuine article in effect :?

Some peeps will buy anything I suppose :roll:
:roll:

well i went to my large tescos today and they only had the floral LK bennett ones which i wasnt keen on

but then found the bronzey faith ones in my local co op :D i love them and the mag is pretty good too with more freebies inside
GLAMOUR mag has warehouse flipo flops on it, and the mag is only £2!!!!!
I subscribe to Glamour so got a pair of the flip-flops (from Warehouse I think). However, they went straight in the bin :? - I could get a far nicer pair from Primark for £2!!! Very disappointed - just as well I had already got my LK Bennetts with the InStyle magazine instead- far nicer :sun (but then as I said before, I do like a designer name!!).

I know that in either the next Marie Claire or InStyle magazine there will be 2 free Elemis cosmetic bags - another spa name! :lol: You know, you can really get some good freebies with these glossies (not just these 2, I mean!). And it isn't too bad, especially when you subscribe cos you do save quite a bit more (I also subscribe to Marie Claire and am about to do the same for InStyle too).

Let me know if you come across any other "free" designer bits in the glossies!! :lol:
Just managed to get the New Woman mag with the free Faith flip flops in. They are from Faith and I,ve got the silver ones which look great with my bikini on. They also did them in bronze and gold and I got the mag from morrisons.
Just wondered if any of the freeby flip flops do not have toe posts, I have mis shaped toes and cant wear anything between my toes?
Thanks for your help
No unfortunately they don't. Look out for the lovely free Elemis make up bags in a choice of dark blue, pale blue and red in this months marie claire and also 2 free plastic make up bags with glamour also free book with New woman a choice of two one if thems confessions of a manhattan call girl or something like that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.