General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
They're not free if you have to buy an expensive magazine you wouldn't normally read, but it's a nice idea if you're at the the airport looking for mags to take on holiday anyway. I already got my flip flops from Primark - lovely brown ones with gold glitter straps, and khaki ones with gold patterns on and brown straps - they were only a couple of quid each pair and will match my brown/khaki/coral 'theme' this summer 8)
I like to buy an overpriced magazine full of 50% adverts when I'm at the airport. All part of that once yearly experience. :D So if there's some good free gifts out there that'll justify it a bit more.

Except heed my advice ladies. Don't buy a magazine just because it's got a hot pink boob tube as a free gift. You won't wear it. Ever. :D
Saw the free flip flops at work today. Ine of my friends was wearing the faith make bronze pair. They looked really nice. Isn't it pot luck if they fit though?
They come S/M which fit 4-5 and M/L which fit 5-6. I'm a size 5-6 shoe and the M/L fit me lovely. Iv'e got the Faith ones in the bronzey colour, £2.80 for that mag. well worth it because the flipflops are really smart and can be worn at night too, I've also got metallic mint/gold ones out of ELLE which was £3.20, again these ones can be worn at night too, very smart. I've just tried on the pair from ELLE and have to say I can't stop admiring them :!:
I got a free bikini in my new woman magazine today :D I also got free flip flops in the Company Magazine, the faith ones, although I did take the flip flops out! I'm a shoe size 7, sometimes 8. And the flip flops in the M/L fitted me fine as well! Although for the bikini, the bottoms fitted my size 14 backside, but the top wouldn't go near my D/DD cuppers! I think both together would just about have done it! :D Next week when I go on me jollies to the Dominican Republic, I'm getting some more magazines in the airport to read on the plane, I'm thinking it'll be Elle, more and Vogue... When's cosmo's next issue due? I've just recently grown out of the Bliss and Sugar! So this will be my first year of women's mags!
There's another glossy mag doing a freebie beach bag, comes in 3 colours and another one doing sunglasses, but they weren't very nice.
Thanks Joolz! The highlight of my airport experience is going to WH Smiths and getting some magazines for lazy beach days.
I prefer the celebrity gossip mags - Now, Heat, Closer, OK, New etc - but they never come with any free gifts :( I always buy a carrier bag full of mags at WHSmith at the airport - one year I bought them the day before my holiday and ended up reading them that evening! So it's the airport for me - and I must admit I'm a sucker for the free gifts once I'm in the airport, even if I wouldn't have been interested in it in the supermarket at home. The free bikini sounds good, but I already have too many, and I've got loads of free bags from magazines in the past!
There is also a mag out now - easy living I think, and it has a free passport cover in silver or pink , didn't see the flip flops but I'll be out on my lunch hour tomorrow - straight down to WH Smith.
you wouldn't believe the freebies we used to pick up as airport workers... so many passengers used to buy magazines to read while they were waiting for boarding after check in..they would read them and then just chuck the free gifts away or leave them on the seats in the departure lounge. We would come along after every flight departure to tidy up ( as we were supposed to, people prefer a clean airport..) and clear away all the stuff we found. All money we found went to a childrens cancer charity and the freebie gifts such as bags and cd's, sunglasses etc, we just divided up between us for a small contribution to the charity box. All the items of value left behind were handed in at the information desk with a note of the flight number and destination. My kids got no end of beach bags and make up cases etc..
:thanks joolz

thanks for the info on the free flip flops just been out and bagged myself some! i got the bronze ones and the s/m size fit my 4/5 size feet lovely!

cheers for that!! just need my holiday now ....2 weeks on sat for us!!!

lou x
Glad to be of assistance lou :lol: You must check out the ones in ELLE. I think I have a flipflop fetish :!: Was it the FAITH ones you got?
hi joolx :wave

yes it was the faith ones i got !!

going to look for the elle ones tomorrow !!

i too love flip flops and have 4 other pairs already !!

lou x
I got a free football joke book with my copy of NUTS!!! :)
Wow- worth logging on today. As soon as I read about the free flip flops, paid a little visit into my local WHSmith.
Got the Faith ones. Noticed on the back of the magazine wrappingthey are worth £10.
Look lovely on too :D
Could not find the Elle ones though.
Now I have not only gained a nice pair of flip flops- but an afternnon of soaking up the sun with a good mag to read!! :wink:
Well done on that posting of such a good offer :pele
I've succumbed, I'm going to get some this evening if the mag racks at Asda have any. I was overwhelmed with the choice to buy so might as well get something to read as well and save me agonising!
I know that InStyle have free LK Bennett flip-flops with their magazines for July - I'm off to get a pair as they look really nice, in 3 different colours and again are sized S/M, M/L. I think my problem is the designer name of the flippies!!! :wink: Mind you, can't complain for only £3.20 though! :lol:
:wave Sunseeker - keep searching for the ELLE mag because if you liked the FAITH one's you'll love the ELLE pair too. Elle mag says they come in 4 colours but I can only find 2, the metallic minty/bronzey and the metallic goldy/bronzey ones. Has anyone saw the other 2 colours?

Gillbabe - Oh thats the 3rd pair I was on about, LK Bennett ones, but couldn't mind the name of them or the mag.
Yes- I too like my brands!! Was quite dissapointed when the Faith sticker actually peeled off!! :D

Its what us women are like!!!

On the hunt for an Elle pair now!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.