Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
its still great here cartman!

some prices have of course increased, taxis's ...food etc most of all flights!!! but its still cheap and still good value,compared to many places... the beaches are still beautiful and the same old problems still remain like licences etc but on the whole still a good choice in my opinion :tup
Hi cartman

Yes, there are some changes you might notice.

Many people comment on how prices have increased.... but so has the exchange rate, so actual costs are still good value really.

I went back two years ago after a four year break and the biggest difference I noticed was the huge increase in the number of Russian visitors. (Certainly not going to get into a 'racist' discussion here!).

It was most noticeable in the north, and you may hear many stories about this.
In the south, it was similar, but a different profile of clienele are more prevalent there, so not the same level of problems.

Difficult and controversial issue for discussion, but just mentioned for consideration.
Thanks for the replies
Will soon be back there cant wait to be having the first cold beer on the beach watching the sun set
:tongue
Some of the old restaurants have gone, some have changed owners and a few new ones have opened but in general I would say the food seems to get even better every season also the live music scene has been very good for the last three years, at one time we used to avoid place's that had live music like the plague but now we search for them, can be a terrific evening for free however not all are to our taste

Think the spread on prices is much bigger knower days, food is still very similarly priced according to the type of restaurant but drinks can vary a lot, a small beer cost's from 35 to 80 INR, a large one from 70 to 150 INR and spirits from 30 to 70 INR for 60 ml but still lots of inexpensive place about
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.