Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
good news
7 Posts
That will be good news for many . I wonder if other nationalities are beginning to return now ?
it is lywest most egyptians are geting on with there lives and even in the times of troubles they had everyone i spoke to who have returned all say same thing glad i did not cancel to be honest if i did would have to pay a surplus to my holiday company to change holidays until they said that i cant go then they would have to give me a full refund or change my holiday freee of charge.
I did hear reports that the scandinavians were still there and there was the odd flight now creeping in from Russia and Germany..but nowt like the volume of before. Hopefully things will improve.
it does seem to look like it as alot of egyptian are getting on with there lives . there has been some isolated incidents within cairo but nothing near the main tourist parts . its such a shame that many of them need the level of tourism to return and now with excersion companies now offering trips back to ciaro shows that they are making steps to do so. i have emailed one company and awaiting reply will let you guys no the answers when i recieve them. but it does look like it is returning will prob be in full swing by the summer holidays.
ok i have now recieved answer from sharm club one of many excersion operators in sharm the email says as follows...

Thank you for your e-mail, yes, we resumed our excursions to Cairo by bus and air since some weeks already and you can book it via our online booking form.

Thank you & Best regards
Your Sincerely Khaled Berci

looks like everthing is returning to normal guys and we can all relax and enjoy or holiday
It might take a wee while for confidence to return but Egypt has so much to offer, I don't think it will be too long until the tourist numbers start picking up again, we have just booked to go back to Sharm for 2 weeks for January.

As Glasgowkiss mentions the excursions (excersion :tongue ) to major sites such as Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza play a large part in choice of holiday and with them starting back it should help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.