Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Congratulations! What excellent news and so quick too :cheers
thanks kedi, i was gonna pm to tell you lol cos obv you were aware we were goin for it cos i mentioned lol!did you ever manage to sort out the toilet turkish style?!if you do let me know cos my hubby would prob like that too, god help him when he comes eh :rofl x
Not yet. I will certainly let you know though if we do find out where to get one!
This is such wonderful news!!! I am so pleased for both of you and I hope it arrives soon soon soon!
Best Wishes
Karen x
ACE :tup once you get out the bedroom ;) ;) I wish you both a very happy life together.
Brilliant aam may you have a long happy life together.
Thanks for sharing your good news, you must be so happy:) Wishing you all the best.
thanks everyone for replies, appreciate it, just had to share lol! got his flight booked today cos he got his passport back so he will come on 20 june-2 weeks today OMG!so excited but nervous too.............!!!x
Great News,

You meeting him at the airport will be the best thing in your life, you'll never forget.

:thanks for sharing your HAPPY NEWS with all of us.

Gregg
I agree with Gregg, I remember when I met my husband at the airport when he first came over, I was just so excited. Not long now for you :hyper
hey guys, yup i am indeed gonna get him at airport, dont have car anymore so his bro who lives here (has for 10 years)is gonna come too.....hmm.......think im gonna ask him to wait in car or come later though cos i want to wait alone for mehmet, ive waited a long time for this moment n no one is taking it away from me :wave: 13 days to go..............allah allah!thankssss!x
Ahhh that's so sweet, i'm such a softy it's making me fill up :bawl
I know i'm being really naive and stupid but i don't understand the whole visa situation. I know the turks have big problems getting visas but i thought as soon as you were married they could apply for one and can't be refused?
Even if you are married you can still be refused a visa, it has happened to a lot of people. If they don't believe the marraige is genuine or they don't think the person sponsoring will be able to support them and their partner or if you are on benefits etc. they will not give a visa.

My husband and aam's husband were both very lucky to be given a visa so quickly, it normally takes a lot longer and they have to go for an interview. It is also very expensive!
hey,yes i can second what kedi says lol!its a very difficult business indeed!i think years ago it counted for something if you were married but not now, even thought we are married almost 3 years it counted for nothing,we had to prove our relationship since 2005,hard to do cos so much stuff i.e.phonebills,letters,msn,photos etc etc, there is a whole checklist which you must provide evidence for and also about your finances which is why we couldnt apply last oct like we wanted and had to wait till this may. its also expensive, i had to courier all our evidence to turkey then he had to get stuff translated whhich aint cheap then travlling to and from izmir to submit and it and of course the visa fee 1635 lira,maybe £700 or so.....it all adds up,and then of course we had his flight on top of it,never ending financially lol!but finally we have it, its for 2 years at first!roll on next sat!x
Then after 2 years you have another £700 or so to pay :yikes . Certainly not cheap. Luckily we have gone through the whole lot now and my husband is a British Citizen so no more visas and no more money to pay out!
This is what i don't understand....
Many people have the view that turkish men are just after a visa/ money but surely after such time, effort and money they don't need to test if the relationship is real or not!? I mean do some turks go through all that, years of unhappiness (if it isn't real) and then still have the possibility of rejection?
I know the saying goes 'i would do anything for love' but i have so much respect for you, it must be heartbreaking to go through such a thing, and for so many years.
hey cemile, thanks for posting! your right it is hard going, ive waited years for this moment, stil bit stunned its finally happened!!!wont totally beleive till i have him with me lol, been together since october 2005.........its not nice having to prove your relationship,ill admit that, having to show private,personal,intimate information, horrible thinking someone is reading your stuff like this, stuff you gave for each other lol but has to be done in order to show its genuine!we were very lucky and im so thankful, really thought we would have to wait and would poss be rejected, masallah we werent :D take care!x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.