Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
some good news
14 Posts
Hi Dave,

Yes that is good news but I have to say that staying at the Coastline the last few times, both winter and summertime, we've not noticed any pong to complain about, - except the one that comes from the salt pans when it's a bit damp and muggy, but we've only noticed that when we've been in that vicinity - not in and around the Hotel! We were there last month and there was quite a bit of activity around that area so they seem to be getting on with sorting it out.

We're off to the Coastline again for a week on 2nd Feb. so we're looking forward to another visit in no time to magic Malta. :tup Can't wait,

Trev
Pongtastic ! if your in Sliema Trev how do you fancy meeting up @ about 15.00 Hrs on the Monday afternoon ? we could all have a couple of soda waters :yikes diet of course :glynis
Chin chin
Sliema2
Hello Trev, yes I must say that the one and only time we stayed at the coastline we never we never got any pong from the tip only the salt pans. Also knowing that you have been there a few times have you ever meet the other Trev who works there although I think he is at another hotel now days. Is there about to be another meeting from H T ("O" what fun) just wish I could be there.

dave
Is there about to be another meeting from H T

Depends if Trevor brings his wallett or not :lol: :glynis
Hi Sliema2,

I'll bring my wallet :bawl and certainly buy you a couple of soda waters though we'll be drinking something stronger and more tastier!!! :glynis

About 1500 hrs on Monday afternoon (4th Feb) sounds fine to us. Which bar do you suggest or would you prefer to PM me regarding this? We look forward to this 'historic' occasion.

Dave, Yes I agree it would have been nice if you could have joined us. I think the Trev you might be referring to used to post as BuggibaHC. He is actually a director of the Islands Hotel Group which also owns the Coastline. I haven't seen any postings from him on this Forum for a long time. Or is it another Trev?? :scratch:

Trev
Hi Trev, I will pm you mate, after all we don't want the worlds Paparazzi to gatecrash this historic summit meeting :glynis

Regards
Sliema2
Hello Trev, yes it was that Trev.

Dave.
Well I am pretty sure Trevor won't mind me mentioning that the great event took place a week ago in Tony's Bar in Sliema, we all had a few sherberts and a good natter although it seems like a long time ago now, Trevor if you read this it was great to meet you mate and your lovely wife and son, we did look out for you the rest of the week and had we bumped into you then it would of been beers a plenty, I hope you enjoyed your time on the magic isle as much as we did and who knows one day hopefully we can repeat the experience.

Regards to you all
Mr & Mrs Sliema2

Ps, yes Trevor did bring his wallett with him and low and behold it had beer sheckles in it.
Hi Mr & Mrs Sliema2,

Well it really was a great event and we also kept our eyes peeled in case we did bump into you again. We also nipped into Tony's Bar a few times but that's normal for us anyway. Did you realise that our meeting lasted about 2 hours? No wonder I started to feel tipsy! :duh

Likewise it was really lovely to meet both of you and we certainly found you to be good company. Perhaps our paths will cross again in the future and yes we would certainly look forward to having a few beers with you both!

Trev

PS Sliema2 also brought his wallet and in fact I have to declare that somewhere along the line I'm sure he paid for more than we did so next time Sliema2 I'll be putting more sheckles on the counter!!
Hello Sliema2 and Trev, well after such a great event would you two hard drinking men say that the price of Beer has gone up any since Malta went over to the Euro, as it did in some of the other parts of Europe when they went to the euro?

Dave.
Dave,

You'll never believe this but as I always buy a round with my wife & son, I never noticed how much I was being charged for a pint of hopleaf! :think

Maybe Sliema2 can help on this one,

Trev
Hi Trev and Dave, to the best of our knowledge the prices of drinks appear to be mostly the same equivalent in Euros as they were in Lira, obviously it can depend on where you take your snifter and if they know you or not, because as like any where in the world the locals could potentially be partial to a wee bit of creative accounting in order to catch the naive tourist with his pants down or at worst nail his hat on big time, if you get my drift ?.

Chin Chin
Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.