Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Personally I would still take it as it covers you for the free part of the health care. We have ours too from last year so will be taking them anyway.
yes for emergency treatment under the reciprocal agreement suggest you go to the E111 thread in general enquiries forum contact details can be found in that thread

wizard
I'm really panicking now, we are going tomorrow and my boyfriend has left his at home. HELP!
Hi clairejo1984 and purple star ... it is strongly recommended that you each have an EHIC, but whether or not the card is absolutely essential very much depends on the terms of your travel insurance policy.

Travel insurance is vital, but in some cases it is a condition of the policy that you first try to obtain free or reduced cost treatment under the EHIC's reciprocal healthcare arrangements, before using your policy to obtain treatment. You would have to check the terms of your policy to verify if this is the case for each of you or your partners.

You are in the wrong forum for EHIC discussion, so if you require further information or contact details for the EHIC helpline please click here.

David :wave
My mate got a severe case of the sunburns (it was actually first degree burns covering most of his back) when we were in Salou two weeks ago and he had to go to a clinic for treatment. Fortunately he had a health card and was attended within 10 minutes of arriving without making any payment whatsoever. So the cards do work and I really strongly suggest that anybody travelling to Spain gets one as so as possible
i would also stongly recommend having the card , my son was taken ill last year with a bad ear infection , was also treated straight away at the local health centre but they had to have the details off his card first .
its very easy to apply for online , costs nothing and usually arrives about a week later , better to be safe than sorry
Do you have to carry it with you all the time in case of accidents or can you leave it in your hotel room when you are out and about

Sharonc , Scotland
For info, discussion and online applications for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) ... please click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.