Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
do they really want us to go there or trying to finish the tourist trade completely
Swine Flu - a bureaucrat's delight!

Lots of lovely paperwork, more forms to fill in, more pages to stamp, extra staff, special training......bring it on! :tup

Atchhooo! :rofl
That will be another hour spent going through customs and immigration
:banghead: NEIL
Hopefully, they will have more people on the immigration desks at Dabolim airport to help speed up things. Sorry, I was dreaming :D

Perhaps, they could even get that chap who stands in the doorway just after the immigration desks to collect the screening cards. For the newbies on here, he is the guy who checks your passport just in case you have magically become someone else between the immigration desk and the 6 feet to where he is standing. At least it will give him something else to do; they could even get him to touch your forehead to check if you are feverish.

Sorry, I don't really mean to take the doodah as I am really fond of the place.
Sorry, I don't really mean to take the doodah as I am really fond of the place.

Agree entirely Sydney but it's hard not to have a smile about a country checking us all for swine flu when half its people don't have sanitation or access to healthcare....on second thoughts, that's probably why they do want to check us.

It's no laughing matter but you just know that if swine flu arrives in India, the form fillers and box tickers will have a field day and the people who will suffer will be those least equipped to cope.
if swine flu arrives in India,

Its aready there...

Eight new swine flu cases take India's tally to 268

http://www.sindhtoday.net/news/1/31675.htm
Do you not think that by the time we all go next season, swine flu will be old news just like bird flu is now??? Although by then there could be bovine flu!!!
All this is is a "poshed up" version of what we have had to fill out on the plane since the outbreak started.
All the questions are the same, but luckily there is now room tp write an answer!

Obviously it is a major change having to print it and fill it out to send with the visa application (which they then return wth your visa so that you can take it to India with you)
Sorry folks, the above info in italics is incorrect, please see later post. Thank you.

There will still have to be copies on the plane for people travelling several times within the duration of their visa, like my 1 year multi-entry.
For conventional two-week tourists it is an immensely stupid change in the rules, as many apply for their visa well in advance of their holiday to get the hassle out of the way, and this could be a matter of months! So you state your health conditions, say 3 months before you travel, and thats what you enter India carrying...............farcical!

For the current situation regarding pig-flu checks at Bombay airport, see
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=136612
near the bottom of the page.

I fear that Goa will be total chaos once the season starts, always assuming that tourists arrive in any numbers, of course.
Johnny five - The VFS website says to complete and sign the form before travelling to India. There is no mention of sending it with the visa application form. Unless I have missed something?

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/
No my friend, it was my mistake, so used to the visa process throwing up as many obstacles as possible that I added one of my own for some reason?
Sorry all!
Johnny five and Indiana

I think you're both right and VFS global have changed the wording on the site AGAIN

When I first saw this post and looked on Friday it did say send your health screening form with your application for your visa, and also take a copy with you when travelling.

I may be going mad but I'm sure it did say that initially.
It did say send your health screening form with your application for your visa, that was why I posted

and I am pretty sure it said they would send back a card that you had to keep on you and show on demand.
Well, well, well, whadya know?
Must admit I was pretty sure I had read it right, else why would I have put that bit about them also being available on the planes?

At least you know you can rely on VFS......................to spread confusion and chaos whenever possible!
do we have to print these forms or can we get them when we land? Arriving in mumbai on 1st August. Many thanks :)
From what they were saying on the TV news last night the airlines are going to screen you before they will let you on the plane to go anywhere, they showed heat monitoring cameras screening people as they arrived in Australia and was talking about the school kids that have been detained in China.

The airlines have been giving out a health form with the immigration forms just before you land for a few weeks now but it can't hurt to print the form on the web site and take it with you

I was told at the weekend that if we get a lot of cases in an area here, the local schools have been instructed to delay opening again after the summer holidays
VFS Global now say, all that is required is to download, print off and complete the Health Screening form and carry it with you when travelling to India, as opposed to their previous request of sending in the form to VFS Global with all visa applications.
Hi all I printed my forms off last night.i say forms because you have to fill the "back" in and my printer is not clever enough to read whats on reverse side.I bet we all print them take them with us and still have to fill a new one in on the plane before we get there.Oh well happy days
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.