Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I bet the 'signatures' required become rubber stamps by the time the season kicks off. Not sure what colour of ink they can use - most of the visible spectrum is already in use by customs, police, immigration. It amazes me how they can get so many 'Stamps' on a cabin baggage label!!
I see as the UK is on the infected list, we'll need to tick the box on the back and render ourselves liable for in depth treatment!!
The chemist shops will do well I guess, with 'Vamiflu' caps outselling the local Vi*gra and Valium.
Will we have to remove masks for the immigration people or will they just stamp the mask as well ??
Tamiflu and Relenza (the two treatments that work on pig-flu) are NOT available at any chemist in India!

They are only available from Government hospitals and are under strict Government control.

Just as well as the last time I heard, they had enough stocks to treat 0.000000something percent of the population.

So hope and pray you dont arrive here and find you've got it, because

Step 1............instant confinement in remote isolation hospital in South Goa, compulsory, no arguments, no repatriation
Step 2............pray they have enough drugs to treat you!
They said on the news this morning that the cases of swine flu are on the decrease, so hopefully will be even better by the time the season starts, and we may not need these forms.
Unfortunatley it's expected to return on a much greater scale in the winter months which should coincide with the start of the "season" We're due in mid November for four weeks, and as an asthmatic with dodgy lungs I must admit to a little concern! Alan
Gramps

You can by Augmentin (good antibiotic) over there (hopefully you're not allergic to Penicillin) and also Prednisolone (steroids given to asthmatics) just make sure you have extra inhalers as not sure about them.

IF I need anything either here or over there I'll be taking Augmentin....too many side affects with Tamiflu.
The biggest worry ( but I'm not going to ;) ) is the idea of being on a plane for 9 hours with someone who has early flu symptoms but has decided to travel anyway as they don't want to lose their holiday.
Jonny Five - that is very worrying. I'm just hoping it may change before the season starts. I can not imagine how they would cope - with the resources you have quoted.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/NEWS/City/Goa/No-funds-from-state-govt-for-swine-flu/articleshow/4844053.cms

This might give you some idea of how well things are being dealt with here?

As we all know from the medical profession, pig flu is projected to really kick-off late autumn/early winter, just when winter sun destinations are starting to get busy!
What a mess!! i wonder what impact this will have on the 09 season. I'm sure there are other countries in the same situation......I'm surprised India is highlighting the muddle they are in without apparently having a way forward. It would appear the authorities are prepared to place tourists in a quite dangerous situation - i.e. quarantine with many other infected people and no resources to deal with it.
If you lived here you would not be surprised at the authorities behaving in this manner, it is par for the course!

I also very much doubt if there are many other "winter sun" destinations that will be anywhere near so disorganised or uncaring.
In case you have been following this and missed Poipleshadows more recent addition;

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=137754
Saw a post a while ago about these.
Are they still required?
If so, whats the process. I have downloaded and printed but wondered if they are also issued in a better format on entry to India as mine are A4 size.
Is there another queue for these in the airport?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.