General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Holiday Clothes
56 Posts
hi jingles, I'm exactly the same ! we are off to tenerife in 6 weeks and I am starting to look for summery things, sadly not much is out at the moment, so I'll have to bide my time ! gotta get my £1.50 flipflops from asda ! ooh and I feel a primark trip coming on !
NEXT has started getting it's ranges in..... Linen trousers , tops bikini's etc
Summer clothes are sooo much nicer to look around than winter woolies are they?

Just thought of sunshine cheers me up!!
ooh, looking forward to half term next week. I can feel some holiday shopping coming on. We're off to Costa Del Sol for Easter and I'm hoping to find some decent holiday clothes before I go.
I thought yesterday when I was out shopping that alot of summer wear was starting to appear in some shops - alot of bikins too.........and then I went and bought a coat!! :really
Juby - I too can feel a Primark coming on!! Can't beat it IMO for bikinis, beach bags, flip flops etc etc!! You arrive at the check out with about 10 items and the total bill is £30 - Top!!!! ;)

I also got some very good buys from Matalan last year too, linen trousers, tops, swim shorts and beach towels. You know how it is - 'thats cheap, even if it only lasts me this holiday it'll be money well spent'!!! And guess what - the same items will be packed in my case this year, the items didn't fall apart in the wash!!! :D

And for those special evening items, you can't beat Next and Per Una.

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
I have drawers full of summer stuff but will still go and buy more for our holiday this year!! Primark is a definite - great tops/shorts just whats needed for everyday use. Night time stuff I will just take my usual things that I wear out here plus a few new tops no doubt! I always take too much ...
i love summer shopping :) and i know, matalan and primark are the best for holiday clothes as everything ends up left in hotel rooms or covered in sand anyway. just wondering, i burn really easily so i'm reluctant to expose too much skin - anybody got some ideas on what i could wear for 2 weeks in the south of france?
i always get a few kaftans from primark's swimwear section which are meant for putting over your cozzie on the beach, they are only about £3 each (!) anyway, they also look very chic with a little vest underneath (as they can be quite sheer) worn with linen trousers etc. i wear them like that quite often in the evening when i have gone for the burn a little to much in the mid day sun, you can also dress the outfit up with some long necklaces over the kaftan and wear with sparkly/ beaded flip flops,it looks very ''holiday'' like without looking ''brits abroad, let's flash the flesh'' something which doesnt look too good next to all those tres chic french femmes-they are so stylish!

-i had to edit that because i put ''very chick instead of chic-honestly...us northern birds!!!!
Will be doing the Primark 'mad dash' shopping in the next few weeks! what a fab shop.
They opened a huge branch in Brighton,Sussex last year and the queues (inside and out )were unbelievable.

I'm going to make sure that I take a day off in the week and arrive early when I next shop there :think . New Look are also good for pretty summer clothes and their shoes are brilll.

Julie
i burn really easily so i'm reluctant to expose too much skin

I agree kaftans are brilliant for protecting your skin. I like to sit out in the sun for a few hours but if it gets to much I always just slip a cotton kaftan on and they are excellent for protecting you or if you want to have a wonder round the shops they are really convienient to slip on. You can get some really nice ones and they don't cost a fortune. :tup
I went to Primark yesterday with the intention to look for shoes and work clothes!

I spent £122 :rofl

It wasn't all shoes and work clothes! A lot of it was summer clothes... what makes it worse, is that our trip to Australia in 18 weeks and 6 days is during their summer, so I'll be covering everything with a jacket anyway! :yikes

Got 3 very nice bikinis though! Shame they'll be restricted to use in the gym!
My Daughter had 2 bikinis from Primark last year and they were brilliant, they've been thrown in the washing machine a couple of times and they still look like new. Bargains at £6 each :)
BHS have their little strappy viscose sun dresses in at £18 a throw

What I would like to know if anyone has bought Kaftans in Tunisia (Hammamet area) How much do they cost? and what type of fabric are they??
fiona
A holiday wouldn't be a holiday without the compulsory clothes shop. Have to have a few new things each time. Well, I went to Primark on Wednesday and was quite lucky. Had a basketful of things for under £25. Only just heard though that there was a sale on yesterday with loads of things for 10p. Can you believe it :really
Anyway, I've been trying on all my clothes today and have already decided what to take to torremolinos in 5 weeks time. Yes, the list's been done and I'm one happy bunny :cheers
Due to reduced financial circumstances I won't be "doing a Primark" before we go to Tenerife (5 weeks today :-D ) I daren't go in, otherwise I'll come out with 2 huge bags of stuff I don't really need! I bought loads of new stuff last year, planned on wearing it at home as well as on holiday but as we had such a rotten summer, most of it was only worn once or twice on holiday, so it will have to do me again! Hopefully, I'll be better off around May/June (once I've sorted out my tax credits from this new job...) so I'll be shopping for some new bits for our holiday to Crete in August!
some new bits for our holiday to Crete in August!

Cyber it'll be that hot you won't need a lot ;)
I'm hoping we get a nice summer at home so I can wear last year's stuff to death by July, and then I'll need new things for August :wink: Any excuse!
Just been into Next, they have some lovely things for the children, I didn't even get to look at the 'grown ups' clothes as usual. Came out with 2 bags, one each for son and daughter, didn't really cost me anything though because I used the gift cards they'd had for Xmas. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.