General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
holiday clothes
19 Posts
Your very wise, I usually get my holiday clothes whenever I see a bargain in the sales. Went to town the other day and bought new shoes, new swimsuit, and two pairs of trousers, with tops to go with them of course. :tup
that makes me feel a lot better angie, i suppose it's better to pick things up as you go along. half the fun of the holiday. thanks for your reply.x :tup
Oh yes, lots of fun, it makes me feel like a kid again. Gets me all excited and makes the holiday feel nearer than it is. :cheers
ive been trying to get some last minute things for holidays in the sales too and found swimsuits and the likes with 90% off with INVALID URL ordered a few things and its part of littlewoods group.
I went for some sandals for my hols today and got 2 pair reduced down in the sales from £14.99 a pair to £4.99 a pair!

Result or what! :tup
Mrs Beaver loves hitting the shops when we return to the UK in spet/oct. Lots of bargins to be had that she uses through our winter in Gran Canaria, our febuary jollies to Mexico, and into the summer. She seems to be the only person in the world who can visit 3 different Primarks and spend 3 figure sums in each one at least TWICE!! :cry (and all i get is pants)

Would defo go for the end of summer sales.
When I was getting in the last bits for our hols I picked up some good bargains, I noticed quite a few shops starting to reduce there summer clothing, I got a few things in the Primark in Newcastle they also were selling things off

Anyway I buy as I go ;) , it helps on the pocket and also you can get some right bargains :)
i was thinking the same yesterday walking around the shops , shall i buy
or wait til next year . I'm at that age now where the weight seems to go on
without me noticing it , and dont want to buy if its not going to fit next year.
Shoes are different though

Lynne
I don't normally buy until about a month before I go because I diet every year before hols and I need to try things on to see how they look. I don't normally even buy things like shoes and jewellery until just before I go because I need the clothes first before I buy co-ordinating shoes and jewellery :rofl
i bought two strappy tops in matalan today only £4 the pair,seems planning for next years holidays gives us a good excuse to shop.teehee ;)
i agree its a good idea to get yourself some holiday clothes as you go along.
Before i went on holiday i saw these flip flops in topshop, they were 35 quid though, so i was like no, im not spending like, £40 on some sandals! But then a week after i got back, i saw they were £15!
Bloody glad i didn't get them before i went!
I think as long as there not gonna be outta fashion by next summer go for it. Like denim shorts, and vest tops, big beach bags, SUNLOTION summer sales are a right good time to be buying the plain things that don't seem to ever dissapear from the stores.
We are beating the shops by thinking ahead!
hahaha.
Im already thinking about next year. Im hopefully going to work in magaluf!
Jee wizz. Think of all the clothes i will need for 6 months........
Best get saving!

h<3
you will need lots of clothes haleybiff good luck in your job. at least the sun will be shining for you. :cheers
You are WISE parker h - i go to Florida for 3 weeks on the 8th (1 week tomorrow!!) and ive only just remembered i only have 1 swimming suit, and even it has sun lotion stains on the straps from last years hols, so now i am slightly panicking!!!!!!

Gonna try that website u suggested audbod - sounds good to me!!!

GG x
GG, Boots has swimming costumes, bikini's and kaftans all 75% off. Real bargains and really good makes - Pretty Polly, Lepel and Boots own!! I bought over £150 worth and it cost me £35......
Denny
Ooooh thanks denny! I didnt even know boots sold swimwear! I will let u know how i get on!

GG x
I booked our hols for october back in january, and immediatley started looking around in the sales, its amazing what you can pick up in january for your lovely hot holidays....im just gutted because there was a cozie in EVANS that i really wanted, it was priced at £32... too expensive for me, so kept checking if it had gone down in the sales...only i couldnt get into town last week through illness... guess what... they went down to £12, but had run out of my size by the time i went in! :(
have you tried evans on line mitchellcir you might be lucky therex :tup
oooh thanks parker, never even thought of that... off to have a look now! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.