General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I was, many moons ago when I went to Oz in January (their summer our winter.)

I bought stuff in our summer sales and then bought more over there in their summer sales! :)

It's difficult (and different) for you though, because of your continued weight loss...
(Congratulations by the way! :) )

What size do you want to get to?
I would buy stuff in the size you are heading for - but I would wait until the sales -
unless something catches you eye beforehand and you just HAVE to have it! :tup
I go to the Caribbean every year at the end of October and have learnt over the years that if I want anything new to take with me (including suncreams and mozzie spray!), I need to buy it before the end of August as there is no summer clothing left in the high street after then, with the exception of a few bits of tat that the shops can't shift in the sales :rofl

With your weight 'problem' (and well done, 17lb is amazing!), I think I would consider buying in July/August from somewhere like M & S that has a 90 day return policy. At least then by November you can return with the receipts and get a full refund on anything that is either still too small or that you have become too small for!

I wish you luck and enjoy the shopping!

Cazz
I am heading for a 12 I hope. Was a 16 when I started and am now a 14 and would like to be a 12 by December!!
hi i also have this problem althoguh i go at the end of august so not really much of a problem as i can get my clothes a couple of weeks before but i want to get some now! lol i am losing weight and at christmas went from a size 14 to a 12 although this took a long time to happen so i dont know if it will take along time again to get to the next lower size or if i will get to it at all as my target was get to a comfy 12 which i am now but am still losing weight as i feel like i still need to lose some more so im trying to wait as long as i can to get my stuff, but im worried things might get sold out and things, i have already brought a few things!
ok ladies, how about buying the stuff now, but buy it for your target size, then you have something else to aim for!
I am tempted to do that, but then worry in case I don't make it - although I hope I can manage to drop from a size 14 to a 12 in 23 weeks at my current rate.
get yourselfs to topshop, miss selfridge, zara and mango, and ofcourse H&M Im getting all my summer gear next friday..
I am sure you will reach your target by then, girlingreen, you have done so well so far! Congratulations!!!
I would look in the sales especially, M&S, Debenhams, Next and look for classic pieces and build up a capsule wardrobe, then you can add cheap and cheerful bits and bobs to go with them.
I would agree with getting them in your target size as it will give you an added incentive to carry on with the diet!!
Denny
i have beenon a diet since january and have lost 1lb :rofl
so i don`t care anymore and will buy my clothes when the sales are on..

sharon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.