Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I fancy Es Cana again, I am going on the 17 th of August so I might ask around whilst there. I don`t want to book flights then get stuck with expensive accomodation.
Thanks I will have a look at the private rentals.
Marina Playa /san an bay.booked for 4 adults and 1 16 yr old,07/07/2010
total cost for 2 x weeks flying out of Belfast.....£3000 self catering
not bad considering we have only 1 airport in N.I with flights to Ibiza.
roll on next year,hope the prices come down a bit and the pound regains some strength against the euro.
2nd stay at marina playa and we love it!

happy holidays those that still have to go :sun2
5 more sleeps then off to santa eulalia. Went there last year. Staying at the Riomar as we did last year. Anyone know prices of sun beds on beach etc this year. Can,t wait :sun2 :sun2 :sun2
till take off!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to djwoody for all your advice and help!!

Better get to bed for a couple of hours kip, hope we don't sleep in.

Adios amigos!!!
Off to Coral Beach in Es Cana on 2 September for 2 weeks. Hoping for lots of sunshine after the wash out of a sumer we have had in Wiltshire.
3 weeks and 5 days til Club Portinatx
I've booked!

Sirenis seaview- 2 weeks in August, 2 adults/2 kids, could only get a studio though :que s/c. Got to have school holidays due to work, and Port Des Torrent is a lot nearer to family out there (we stopped in Es Cana this year- taxi fares soon add up!)

Small change out of £2.2k - brilliant filght times though

Jim
Booked for 23 June to 7 july at Sal Rossa apts in Playa D'en Bossa, self catering for a change. (£1000)

Have gone AI for last few years and this year got a bit fed up with same food every day at Don Toni, so we had a look around Sal Rossa while we were over in September and found they were really nice apts. (Also had them recommended by a friend at work)

Really looking forward to having a couple of weeks of sunshine(hopefully) as in September it rained for 8 out of 14 days!!
sal rossa atps are nice.good staff as well.right on beach as you know.food very good.anything you want she will cook for you.not so far to walk as well.at least you will have have noise from don toni beach bar.

did you book with thomas cook or diy.
Hi Woody, we booked with direct holidays(same as Thomas Cook I know but better deal. Got the extra luggage allowance and flight meals inc for less money) IF we had another person it would only be £388 each!

The people we are travelling with are friends from work and they have stayed there a few times so we know it's a nice place.

Like I said my daughter and I popped in and asked to have a look at an apt and the guy there was really friendly. He showed us one ;looking over the beach and it was lovely and clean. That's all we want really.

How many times are you going next year ?
yes they are friendly staff.as yet may and sept .might try a short weekend in july if i can.staff are that good i stayed there years ago and just used to run up a daily bar bill.plus i got loads of free pints and shots.best of both worlds really.at least you will not have set meal times.plus you can russle up a meal in room.and the option of eating in or out.

plus you have a fridge and able to make a morning cuppa.
Yes Woody I agree with you, best of both worlds, lovely morning cuppa with some nice crusty bread with jam mmmm.

I've sort of missed that in the time we have been going AI/ half board.

I like to sit out on balcony and have a lazy breakfast with a newspaper!

I'm excited already haha :sun2
I have been looking at prices for the Don Toni Club again for next year but as my daughter will be 13 next year and Thomsons have changed the child reduction from 15 to 12 then it is going to be a lot more expensive.I would think about going Self Catering, and I agree the Sal Rossa are ideal, but I feel the prices to eat out are very expensive.The Sal Rossa also don`t have any daytime entertainment like Fiesta so I think I will be going elsewhere next year.
entertainment is the only thing missing.so its down to you to sort things out in day and night.

hillbankdee was it a bit cheaper then if you just a child place.thought someone said that it can work out cheaper and better booking whole party as adults.alot i know have moved to the bahamas hotel.(which we know was a fiesta hotel).its just has good as it was.good food nice rooms and entertainment.you could try priceing that up.thomas cook
I don't need any entertainment during the day. I make my own by going out and seeing the sights. Or chill on beach, do bit of walking/shopping. Won't be any children with us so we will be fine.
I know it's expensive to eat out but it can be done reasonably if you shop around,plus I like to have my breakfast in the apartment or on balcony. Crusty bread and jam with lovely coffee for me :D
Can't wait!!
i don't know why people say it's expensive to eat out in ibiza. i've just been in england (1st time in 12 years) and found that food was at least 10% dearer (even using a 1:1 exchange rate) and wine varied from 50% to 150% more expensive per bottle. i paid £7.40 for 2 glasses of wine in a quite ordinary pub in london, €3 in my local here. and don't talk to me about spirits, i couldn't see my wife's martini in the tumbler, the measure was that small.

oh, and the weather wasn't that good either.

sdII
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.