Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hawaii Hotel
106 Posts
Hiya,
Im at the Hawaii at the moment, snd yes Aby is still in charged of it.

Claire
hi anybody returned home yet from Hawaii 3 weeks til we go would you advise me to upgrade to sea veiw?? thanks in advance :lol:
Hi, Im at the Hawaii at the moment and yes do pay for a sea view, it is well worth it.

This is our 6th time this year and to be honest its not as good as it has been although is still good if that makes any sense.

There has been a major mix up and the hotel/travel agents have over booked and alot of guest have been moved to the hotel next door but upgraded to AI at Hawaii but this is making the hotel very very busy, we have to que for dinner if you get down any later then 7.45, you have to be up very early to get sunbeds so take an alarm if needed, although many people dont know you can use the pool at the other hotel which is called the neptuno no one knows about it so have beds!!!

All in all the hotel is fine, lots of entertainment for kiddies and the weather is great.

Claire
Thanks for popping in chelsea to update us.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)
Kath HT Admin
hi claire thanks for info very helpfull hope you and your family have a great holiday :lol:
Have returned from the Hawaii today. Any questions just ask. Will write my review in the next few days. I would recommend up grading to the all inclusive we did it for the last 4 days and it was well worth it for the drinks alone, especially if you are taking children. People were having to get up at 6.00am to get sun beds due to the over booking as Chelsea01 mentioned so not good. To up grade to the all inclusive in July is more expensive than June. The safety deposit boxes are 3.15 euros a day and to up grade to the sea view room costs 5 euros a day. Weather great and all in all had a great holiday :D
hi yorkshire rose glad you had a good holiday we fly in 3 weeks from leeds/bradford just a few questions to ask,wev,e gone all inclusive mainly for children are snacks and ice cream included what was entertainment like for children.what was the beach like near hotel is there water sports thank you for any info :lol:
The snacks on offer were cold meat. There was bread to make a sandwich, but we never bothered. The only ice cream was the small tubs, most of the kids just went in and bought them out by the pool area, fruit was also available. We mainly did it for the cold drinks during the day.
The kids club was in the morning and started at 10.15 and finished around 12.00, in the morning they did bowls darts etc. In the afternoon it was water polo that started at 15.15 and lasted about a hour. Samantha was great with the kids. My son went all the time and really enjoyed himself, he doesnt normally go the the kids club but there was a lot of boys his age there. They get so many points for turning up and winning games they then get medals that are presented to them on stage in an evening, bronze, silver, gold.
They have a kids disco every night, it was mainly the really small kids.
We stopped in the hotel for the entertainment some nights and i can honestly say it was the worst i have every seen, some were o.k. but most were terrible.
Didnt go to the beach but saw paragliding, pedalos, banana boats advertised. Did walk along one day and the water didnt look very nice.
Hope you have a great holiday, we can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we have had, the people stopping at the hotel when we were there where all very friendly. :D
thank you for replie yr very helpfull car,nt wait to go now counting the days down!!! did you get a sunbed while you was there for the week :lol:
We got a sunbed every day due to the fact my hubby knew someone who was stopping at the hotel who got up at 6.00am every morning and saved us some along with their own. We spoke to one couple who had been at the hotel a week before they managed to get some sunbeds and that was only after getting up and reserving some at 6.15am. It might not be as bad when you arrive as this was mainly caused by the overbooking, so hopefully it might not have been overbooked the weeks you go.
Some people were putting towels on at 9pm at night.
I do not mind people reserving sunbeds if they are going to use them all day, but lots where arriving late after spending most of the day at the beach, that i find very unfair and annoying.
The only other fault about the hotel is the bar staff, they dont like serving the AI people and most were very rude.
I am sure you will have a great holiday
HI there

we are going in 5 weeks time. we were thinking about going all inclusive but my idea of all inclusive is being able to graze all day on burgers and chips etc, not sarnies. was there no hot food available all inclusive? what time were the snacks available till?. did it cost you less to upgrade to all inclusive than it would have booking it in advance? or did it cost you 25 euro per day?

many thanks

karen
There was a hot meal at dinner time 1.00pm till 3pm and then all there was between meals was about 6 platters of cold meat cheese etc bread rolls, sliced bread, fruit and small tubs of ice cream. We did it for the cold drinks and bottles of water during the day, we were getting charged 5 euros for 3 drinks every time we had our meal, so we did save a lot of money in the last 4 days we did it, on drinks. You dont have to go AI for the whole holiday as they charge you per day we just did it the last 4 days. In June the price per person per day is only 15 euros and half price for kids. It goes up to 25 euros in July. If you apply for the card you get 15% off the price. The AI drinks finishes at 12 so make sure you have a few stashed on your table. To be honest i wouldnt have paid the July price to upgrade but was happy with the price we paid,you might be better waiting a few days to ask around to see what other people in the hotel say, you could always pop in to see the snacks on offer as nobody was on the door checking your card, they do check it at dinner and evening meal.
il have to take big ben alarm clock to get a bed!!! what was the area like around Hawaii is there plenty of bars and shops thank you again :lol:
When we went out on a night we went to the san antonio bay side. They are a few bars but we went to the rodeo bar i think that it what it was called, there was trampolines for the kids, i had plenty of fun myself on these. There was a bull never went on it myself but great watching. Also various other games and amusements. Beer was reasonably priced, they did bingo and a quiz on a night to keep the adults amused. They also had a game that you put soft balls in and shoot them at each other great fun when you have had a few to play with the other half. We tended to go there the first week and never ventured to the other pubs.
There is a supermarket/shop across the road from the Hawaii. Walk a bit further down and you come to a sports shop/perfume/gift shop, tobacco shop straight across from the Hawaii as well. More shops further on. If you go to san antonio lots of shops.
thanks yorkshire rose your info's been really helpful 19 days and will be there :lol:
we stayed there six years ago and it was best hotel we were in. Huge room and balcony, would love to go back but we have to do sc now.
Brilliant location.
Not all rooms are huge, you get the bigger rooms if you have booked for 4 people, our room was not huge but was ok for 3. Someone we knew had a bigger room than us but there was 4 of them.
hi yorkshire rose was there hanger's in the wardrobe?? and is there anything to dry ur clothes off on balcony's thank you :lol:
Yes they have hangers in the wardrobe they are fixed ones, there wasnt very many about 15 so would take plenty of your own, the wardrobes are not very big, i hung my clothes on the shower rain and on the arm of the tv. Only place on the balcony is the rail of the balcony no clothes airer. There is a laundrette about 10 mins walk away if i had know i would have travelled a bit lighter.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.