Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
5 business days. could be cutting it fine. you go next week don,t you? doesn,t your tc invoice show payment for seaview rooms?
Yeah, we will be taking the invoice(s) with us, and I have also printed out, and will take the full emails I sent/received from T.C. back in January, where the customer services girl confirmed the costs, and that she had booked the seaview room.

Haven't told the wife about any of this yet - she would just stress about it, and I don't want her to worry about what may not be an issue.

MJ
yes i,m taking all paperwork with me as well. ammunition for world war 3!!! It may not come to that though. Let,s hope not! 17 days to go! Hope weather lasts. We went to Algarve may half term and weather was awful. Got off plane in pouring rain. that,s why we,re going again. i,ve just about justified it to my other half. God help me if weather is bad! Got a good deal so if wather is brill i,m in the clear!!
Had a reply from Thomas Cook....

** Edit - Sorry, but I have had to delete your email as it is likely to have a disclaimer on it preventing publication and be subject to copyright. Please feel free to summarise in your own words. luci HT Mod

EDIT: Sorry Mods :duh

Summary of the email was that they have checked my booking, all is in order and they arent; aware of a need to pay extra on arival for Seaview rooms. If the hotel tries to charge any more or says they dont have a seaview room, I should contact the rep at the earliest opportunity - also to take any invoices/paperwork with us as proof.

So, lets hope for a trouble free check-in, otherwise we set the rep on them!! ;)

MJ :sun2
johnson293. would you mind sending it to me pm. interested to see it
Well, probably the last chance I get to post before we go (7:50am tomorrow), but heres hoping for a trouble free flight, and hotel check-in, and a great holiday!

I'll post up a review on return.

Have a great time. See you there. Iron out any probs for us before we arrive on 23rd! ha ha
going on friday still need to know what the dress policy is for evening meals dont want to pack anything i will not wear.
I have stayed at the Riomar on 3 occasions and never had to wear long trousers in the dining room , obviously you cannot wear swimwear etc ... have a good time cheers Paddy
Hi Chrissy. We go on saturday!! At last an answer to dress code question. See you there. Have a great time!!
I have been following the posts regarding sea view rooms with much interest as I have booked a sea view room at the Riomar next May on the TC website, I hope!! I'm looking forward to hearing if this is going to be a problem next year. Hope you enjoy the Riomar!
Will let you know and post a review on our return
Got back this afternoon from two weeks at the Hotel Riomar, Santa Eulalia.

Weather was excellent, and I will post up full reviews (of Hotel and Resort) in due course, but in short....

Hotel Riomar - Nice, clean fairly basic 2* hotel with friendly staff - no problems with our Seaview room booking - but the rooms need Air-Conditioning, especially in August!!...

Building work happening to 'Mountain View' side of hotel, but nothing noisy, and developement about 70% complete....

Santa Eulalia - loved the resort... much better/nicer than San Antonio Bay....

And, to cap a great fortnight, it has apparently done nothing but rain in the Uk while we've been away!! :rofl

Didn't bump into 'debs1', but I'm sure she'll post on her return and say if she saw us. ;)

Oh well, back to the grind on Monday, and start planning next years hols!!! :think

do you know if they have two roomed hotel rooms, nice holiday then we go on friday.
Just got back yesterday. :( had a fantastic holiday but do wish there was a/c in rooms. It was soooo hot at night.
No didn,t see you Johnson, well probably did but wouldn,t have known who you were.
Seaview rooms hmmmmm. We were ok but on talking to another couple who arrived a few days after us, they had booked and paid for a s/v but were told on arrival none were available until 20th sept. others we spoke to got a seaview room and hadn,t even asked for it or paid any extra. We have come to the conclusion that someone is making alot of money out of upgraders and to get to the point when you arrive and a s/v room is available you get it regardless of anyone arriving next day that has paid for it. Just depends on what is available when you arrive.
Will post a review on resort and hotel :cheers
Sorry Chrissy no i don,t think there were.
Debs1, I was watching for new arrivals but couldn't remember which date you said you were arriving. I spent most mornings in/around the small pool with our son.

I know what you mean about the hotel rooms and the heat - thats the last time I book a hotel without Air-Conditioning! We were on the 2nd floor, with the last room on the first blcok, so had a corner balcony. We had to leave the baclony door open each night, which wasn't too much of a problem except when the beach tractor started cleaning the sand / seaweed away at about 5am!!

Apart from that, I couldn't really fault the hotel, considering it was only 2*.

As for the Seaview, I was ready when we got there - when the guy on reception told us the room number, I asked straight away "thats a seaview room, isn't it" and he said yes - we just had a few moments wait while he checked the room was ready (as we got there about 2pm in afternoon).

Also, did you have any problems in the dining room in the evening? It seems the room isn't big enough to cater for all guest at once, and there were a couple of nights where 'our table' was being used by other guests, and we had to sit elsewhere.

Anyway, I have posted up my hotel & resort reviews - We loved Santa Eulalia, and would definitely go back there. We also went on the boat up to Es Cana for the Wednesday Hippy Market... though we got the bus back, as wife and son didn't like the boat trip up there, as it was quite choppy.

We spent a few nights in Mariners Bar, and a few lunchtimes at either Mel's or Mirage near the marina - all very good for food/drinks.

MJ :cheers
Hi. I agree hotel was very nice for a 2* apart from a/c. We were on 4th floor up the other end and arrived about 8.15pm on 23rd. Just in time for dinner! No probs with dining room but did see some that came in to find other people sitting at their table. We spent alot of time on beach and as my son is now 10 he could come and go from beach to pool as he liked. I think he liked that bit of freedom. He made loads of friends and also spent alot of time fishing with his little net down by mariners which we frequented some nights. Though did you see drag artists. I thought they were good. We went to Es Cana by boat to go on glass bottomed boat from there but when we got there the man said it was too choppy to go out!. We also went to Mel,s but for a change to dinner in hotel. Food beautiful.
Not sure but think we sat near you in dining room. Was your son playing with a small tractor sometimes?
We loved Santa Eulalia and liked hotel for it,s location apart from lack of a/c.
Am working on my review and hope to post tonight.
Not sure but think we sat near you in dining room. Was your son playing with a small tractor sometimes?

Ha Ha, could have been - 4 year old with short blond hair, and usually some sort of toy at the table! He probably had an grumpy face and wasn't eating anything either, as he is very picky with his food on holiday!!

We were sat on the lower level of the room, at the far end (entrance end).

Didn't see the drag act show, but a couple of the other caacts on at the hotel (Male Singer, and The Skiffle Kings) do the rounds of the bars (Mariners, Mirage) so we'd seen them elsewhere.

One of the good things for the kids, was a Clown show one afternoon, which all the little 'uns enjoyed. The clown even got me involved!! :duh

MJ
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.