Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Saw Robbie Williams tribute at Mariners which was very good.

Aye, we saw him as well - wife was gutted as she was waiting to see 'Fake That'!!! :D

I won't miss 'The Skiffle Kings' like! They were on twice at Mariners, along at Mirage, and also on at the Hotel one night!!! :duh

Did you see the 5* hotel alongside the river - the Insotel Fenicia Prestige? A very nice looking hotel.

We looked it upo when we got home, and it can be booked on Thomsons website - a fortnight bed & breakfast, mid-august 2009 - £2200 per person!!!! :que

MJ ;)
Hi!
We off to the Riomar with our 2 kids 2nd August, wonder if anybody else going then or before?
I went to Santa Eulalia about 4/5 years ago, and briefly remember this hotel (we stayed in Siesta then at the Sirenis Club Fiesta)

Is there entertainment in the evening, or just the ''fantastic'' kids disco?
Whats the song of 2009 for the kids? last time it was Superman/Startrekking/Follow the LeaderLeader & a Spanish spelling one?

Cheers!

Mark
Hi Markas
W e went to Riomar last August. Had our son with us. Had a wonder ful week. Hotel so clean but no sun beds around the pool and entertainment was only 2 shows a week. Nothing for kids but on saying that our son was 10 and soon made friends with others and well to be honest they made their own entertainment. W e love this hotel. so ideally situated and are hoping to go back in Aug this year. Hope you have a lovely time. Any questions you might have just ask :)
We booked last year and got a good deal for HB despite being collared for an extra £80 fuel duty (this when diesel was £1.30 a litre)
£1974 with Thomas Cookfor 2+2 (kids 9&8). Fly from Manchester Sunday 02.08 4pmish return 2 weeks later leaving Ibiza 8pmish.

My only concerns are:
1. what time restaurant closes as we might not make Hotel til after 10pm local time.
2. room heat. I begrudge paying £4 x 14 to TC for air cond, so will try & barter when there (money talks!)
3. how busy complex may be 9we now have to holiday in Aug due to wife now teaches!!)

still only 44 days to go!! yippee!! last holiday was End of May 08.

Mark
Hi Markas
Can only comment on last year but think restaurant closes around 9.30pm. Hotel will be full but it,s not crowded and their are bound to be loads of kids for your friends to make friends with. Rooms will be very hot, we didn,t have a sea view room and it was HOT. Had to hire a fan but can,t remember how much. people with sea view rooms said slight breeze blowing in but not much. W e have been to A/I hotels before but this hotel was great despite no entertainment and no A/i. As I said before kids made their own entertainment and it,s a lovely place to sit and have a drink of an evening. Also so ideally situated. Right on the beach. We are hoping to go 24th Aug :sun2
We went last August also (same time as debs1) and we did have a seaview room, and slept with the balcony door open each night, but it was still very hot through the night. We didn't bother hiring a fan, as we felt it probably wouldn't make much difference and would just blow the warm air around the room.

Apart from the lack of air-conditioning in the rooms, we liked this hotel - it is just 2 star rated, but we have have been to higher rated places that were worse. We loved Santa Eulalia though ,and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Will have to be next year for us though - we are moving house this summer which is taking up a lot of our cash this year, and with the low euro rate, we thought we'd 'sit this one out'.

Have a good one!
is there anywhere in Santa Eulalia that i can buy a fan? hotel charges 3é/night rental, surely can buy one cheaper?

mark
price one up in local shops .if cheaper buy one.then sell it on
Just booked. Back to the riomar for a chilled out week 22nd August. Can,t wait :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.