General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Bought a Samsonite hard shell suitcase from Samsonite shop in Goa at a cost of £100 approx end of 2008 - first time I used it the inside zip bust so I took it back and had so much hassle about it I could not be bothered.
3 weeks ago on arriving in Goa the outside zip had broken so again took it back to the shop and was assured it had a 10 year guarantee. Now they have changed their mind and told me they will give me £30 discount off a new suitcase. As if I would buy any more rubbish like this.
Small claims court equivalent here takes up to 10 years to sort things out :yikes
Finally bought Tripp cases.They've survived one holiday with no problems.Not the best cases we've bought,no seperate pockets inside for shoes etc but they are very light.
We got our lightweight tripp cases in 2007 and they're still OK, survived about 6 trips. But I think they'll need replacing after this next one.

I invested in a smart little radley case a few years ago and it's still going strong after many many trips! Well worth the money!
We buy cheap cases. The current set were 3 trolley cases for £12.50 from Tescos. To be honest if we get 2 holidays from them then we reckon that is a result. The next holiday will be our 3rd with these cases!
Two large family suitcases made by Antler purchased in 1998 (£79 each) and still as good as new, had one issue with a damaged wheel during a flight to Cyprus but the insurance paid for us to buy a replacement but I got it repaired at an Antler dealer for £20.

I'm now looking to replace them with lighter luggage as empty they weigh 6Kg each and this year our airline only allocates 15Kg per person although you can purchase an extra 5Kg for £40 per person return which I refuse to pay.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.