Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Looked again last night and package prices are ridiculous for next March.

We prefer Thomson/First Choice due to the Aircraft comfort but the prices quoted made my eyes water.

Will wait and see.

Papa
Papa, Depends what you call eye watering of course but 2 weeks with Thompson at the Marinha Dourada on the 1st March ex Gatwick would cost £1728

If you book accommodation at the M.D. seperately on the Monarch website and fly Qatar it would cost you £1572 in total.

There are other accommodation choices at cheaper prices too, or you might know somewhere yourself.

Qatar Flight only is £1084 from Gatwick or you can fly from Manchester for £1152.

The longer you stay the cheaper "per day" the holiday becomes.

DIY is no problem, the taxi isn't that expensive from Diabolim and you will probably spend more on a Thompson flight for drinks and snacks. The stopovers are very short and give you time to stretch yor legs. Meals, entertainment and seating is excellent on Qatar.

The major downside is you have to pay up front now and you can't change your plans either. However, good annual travel insurance which you need anyway protects you from unexpected reasons why you can't go, or in the case of delays coming back, will pay out for that too.

Hope that helps if you haven't considered it.
cheers
Dave
we are fortunate enough to be able to go for 5 wks next time but had original thought of 3 weeks.when looking on the air india web site we put in flexible dates,a grid came up showing the dates we had chosen [£475 ] each but also showed the price for other dates,when i looked closer i couldnt believe my eyes £340 each for 36 days,guess which one we booked :D by the way we checked the other day on same flights and they are over £1000 each. :yikes
Dave,

We have indeed considered Qatar.

To be honest after so many trips to Thailand and the stop at the Middle Eastern hub we have come to prefer the non stop option.

However if prices stay the same for a package then we will re explore that option.

Cheers.

Papa
If you choose the right Qatar flights Papa the stop over is only 2-2hrs.30mins, literally just enough time for a stretch, a browse in duty free and away again ! Dave

Valleylady. Now you tell us :cry :cry at least my prices are current :tup :tup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dave wales i think i posted it somewhere :tup
dave wales i think i posted it somewhere :tup

It wasn't a criticism,

besides it gets awfully cold in one of those outside seats :rofl :rofl :rofl
:rofl :rofl seriously we don,t care if we,re in the hold as long as we get there. :fly
Last week in March - first in April. £545pp direct from Manchester with Monarch, booked with Jewel in the Crown. Guest house/apt still to book, but a choice of 3 to choose from, with plenty of rooms at that time of year - no more than £200 for 2 weeks, can't go wrong for less than £1300 for 2 people.
Spike,

Sounds like you got a good deal.

However flying Monarch is not an option for me.

Papa
Been messing around looking at flights for a few weeks and if anything, the Qatar flights from Manchester seem to be getting more expensive so we've just booked - £607 each for flights in Feb/March. I'd have liked cheaper but I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm not a fan of Monarch and Qatar were excellent last year - the flight times were good so the Visa card got a bashing!

the taxi isn't that expensive from Diabolim

Is "Diabolim" a deliberate mis-type, Dave. Made me chuckle! :rofl
Is "Diabolim" a deliberate mis-type, Dave. Made me chuckle! :rofl

I usually call it Diabolical airport !
Anyone interested in a cheapy to Goa, Going Places (Oldham) advertising 14 nights bed and breakfast, Village Royal Calangute 7/12/2010 With Thomas Cook flights from Manchester 8-20 am. £499-00. Would have booked it myself, but have already booked for Feb 11th 2011 so would have fell foul of the 60 day rule.Flight alone in Feb, £608. suppose you win some, you lose some.

The Preacher
hi we went to village royale to have a look around last trip,,,it,s a long way from anywhere,and the only facilities are the ones in the hotel itself,,,there are no bars or restuarants anywhere near.. :wave: thier web site says it,s only 10mins walk to beach,i,d say it,s at least 25...
Flights have been booked for a few weeks now and now ive booked up my hotel. :pele Got email from Horizon View today
offering a 21 night stay at 1000rps per night. Thats cheaper than last year when i paid 1250rps per night. Wife really happy
as she wanted to return. Full steam ahead now :cheers
The 60 day rule is going to cause some damage to Goa this year I think.

Their country though and their immigration policy to enforce as they see fit.

Papa
valleylady wrote:
thier web site says it,s only 10mins walk to beach

Probably meant if you was Seb Coe!! :rofl
you had a close call there a good friend of mine was at the village royal last year and the place was a disaster with unhelpful staff bad management and eaten alive with bed bugs
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.