Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Bindoobaba/Spike
Thanks for your suggestions, we have now settled on the Cocqueiral Candolim.
Do either of you know anything about it. If so good or bad could you kindly let me know.

Thanks
The Preacher
The Preacher wrote:
Bindoobaba/Spike
Thanks for your suggestions, we have now settled on the Cocqueiral Candolim.
Do either of you know anything about it. If so good or bad could you kindly let me know.

Thanks
The Preacher

We used to stay there 17 years ago and its hardly changed from the outside,and i hear most of the rooms are still the same ,some very large and spacious ones. Theres also a small pool out back now
in the garden. Great location just a few mins walk from the beach, and also from the bottom of beach road,so close to some very good restaurants It always seems to be full these days so cant be bad :tup
Preacher - my good mate billybluenose off here, was booked to stay there last season, but didn't like the look of it on arrival so moved to the Horizon in Candolim.
Hope he reads this and can let you know the reasons why, but what one person doesn't like - another does, so don't be put off.
Spike.
Yeah we did book the Coqueiral last year but the wife didnt like it when we arrived. As it was the middle of the night we stayed the 1 night before i went looking for another room. The room was small, dark and very dated. I had asked for an ac room , which i was given but the ac unit was older than than the town clock ! I couldnt get it to work. Tried a few places and the best 2 i found were the horizon and pretty petals which is just over the road and at the end of the small lane. Very nice. The Horizon is at the top of whispering palms road and as this is where we go each day on our way to ganesh shack, it was ideally situated. Dont know what your used to in Goa but it wasnt for us.
BBN
Thanks to all who have answered my queries about the Cocqueiral now looking at the Santana, as well, so if anyone can help me with that one I would be most grateful.

I will keep you posted on which one I decide on.

Mr BBN. last year we stayed at the Mira in Calangute

Thanks once again
The Preacher
If the Santana is the one i am thinking of, it looks fantastic! Fancied it myself! There is a well known bar at the bottom of the lane which had great entertainment. Can't think of the name at the moment. :think
Cheers Goangirl

I have booked it now so hope everything is O/K
Santana has some very good reviews

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/india/goa/candolim/santana-beach-resort-hotel/

Think it is owned by the same people as the restaurant Jambalaya and the Mangotree
goangirl wrote:
Can't think of the name at the moment.

Thank goodness, just thought, the bar is called the Calamari!
hi all we have booked 3 weeks at the Santiago in BAGA for nov
cant wait :cheers
Pat and Smudger2 :sun2 :sun2
129 days to go
And of course it has nothing to do with the massive airport tax the government introduced making the UK airports the dearest to use in Europe
HELP!! advice needed.
Will arrive in Goa at 3-30am on Sat 12/2/2011, but wont be able to check in till 2-00pm
Does anyone know where I could book in for a few hours (4 adults)to get heads down, and wash and brush up, before moving on to the Satana, Candolim, tried the hotel, but it's fully booked on the 11/2/....... Thanks in advance

The Preacher
Report to the hotel and ask to leave your luggage and see if they can get a room ready earlier for you (someone may have gone home on your flight)

Use their Loo to change into tee shirt and shorts and by then the sun should be up, go down the beach and find a shack for breakfast and have a kip on a sunbed until you can check in. If you use their shack, ask them to call you when the room is ready
Well , despite a determination NOT to go to India for the 6th year running I find that I have just booked for a month in November.
Instead of using Qatar Airways from Manchester which would be much closer, we are going via Gatwick as they have a special promotion price which finishes on the 18/7 saving us £250. Next stop, accommodation. It was seeing that prices had come back down on Monarch's web site that got me thinking about Goa again. Should have booked there and then but decided to sleep on it and paid the price...another £120 extra this morning but there you go. Shop through Topcashback and you get a 5% cash back too.
So there we have it....the lure proved too much. 12 nights at the trusted Marinha Dourada and , encouraged by reports on HT, 17 nights at the Santana Beach for a change of scene. Don't really know Candolim at all, so there's a whole load of new restaurants to try too.
I did want to go somewhere different but at a total cost of £1850 for 30 nights for the two of us, where else can compete on a like for like basis.
Sun, warm swimming pools, various international and quality cuisine, nice people, personal safety and prices are just too good compared to other places. I did try looking :) :que :que :que
So it's roll on VISA application, queuing at Diabolical airport, being constantly asked if I want a taxi or to have a look in my shop.
Cows, dogs, rubbish. It gets under your skin.
Love it !
Maybe see you there.
cheers Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.