Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Current state of affairs?!?? :?

What is meant by that? If you mean regarding the Middle East at present, then Turkey has relatively nothing to do with that apart from being possibly one of the nations to make a peacekeeping army.

Maybe look at this thread http://holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=81262

Turkey is safe, also look at foreign office website, has a 'high risk' of terrorism but still nothing recent...

http://www.fco.gov.uk
There is talk here that Turkey will be called in to mediate between the 2 sides. Both hold the Turks in high esteem and Turkey is not targeted for terrorism apart from PKK activity in the south east..thats a 1000 km away. The only protection you will need is from the sun ...........soooooooooo hot!
Chelsea boy,
newspaper today carries a short report on the "largest ever outbreak of Crimean- Congo Hemorrhagic fever" in turkey, but doesn't say whereabouts.
have you heard anything about it?
del949
I must admit, i wish i hadn't googled for 'safety in Turkey' as i worked myself into a bit of state after reading a few bad things and with the foreign office website, stating a 'high risk' of terrorism. But then i thought, i have no problems with travelling in London (extremely high risk!) and lets face it, nowhere in the world is 100% safe anymore. So i calmed down and decided all will be well in Cesme. Im going to have a great time and really enjoy the break i've earned :)
Well i had... until i just read del949's post! Arggh! :shock:
Debby.
debby, you made me smile. i remember my first ever visit to Turkey. I'd just booked then heard there had been an earthquakein Turkey. I was panicking. I hadn't realised how huge Turkey is.Several return trips later i was sitting on the coach returning to Dalaman after another fantastic holiday to hear there had been an earthquake in Manchester!! The war is miles away so that hadn't even occured to me. I think i will just keep away from any bad news and keep looking forward to my holiday in Sept. :lol:
according to figures Turkey is still safer than most of The European Countries. in touristical resort there is nothing to worry about. We have some terrorist attacks in our countries east and south east parts. i m orriginally from south east part of Turkey so i know that part of Turkey well as well. in that part of Turkey fight is in rural parts not in the cities or habitant areas.
crimean-congo fever is in rural parts of Turkey as well. it is seemed on people who cares their animal in villages etc.
Turkey is a huge country (about 3,5 times bigger than The UK).
so things happening are far far away from where you are going to spend your holiday.

Best Regards,
Mesut Caliskan.
Marmaris/TURKEY
Your more safer here than you are in london,

"largest ever outbreak of Crimean- Congo Hemorrhagic fever" Never heard of it and i watch Turkish Tv,
i agree turkstar i would always feel safer in turkey than say london although it still has the crime but with a much bigger area and simarlar population to the uk but spread over a much larger area it never seems that bad
i did read something about the fever on http://www.turkishdailynews.com but never took much notice. I think it was on the se border
as for being safe..... i think the london terrorist situation has made me glad i live here.
update

http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/article.php?enewsid=51078 i dnt think its quite as scary a bird flu!!!

ps TDN is must for all turkey lvers as you get good info from it
I feel safer in Turkey than at home. Less likely to be mugged in Turkey.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.