Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
the 2nd meet has not worked but I have to say here that it is only because we dont have enough to support 2 meets a week, and I am not sure we ever did have enough support for two meets in the past.
Your proposal gets my vote as well Fiona. Having been to both venues it does appear that the Carvery is better suited to hold large meets. Even though we are only a couple of minutes from Why Not it is still not that far from Calangute to the Carvery.
Can't wait to be back in Goa and seeing you all at the meets. 3 weeks today we will be in Mumbai and then will be traveling down to Goa on the train the next day. :cheers :cheers
I think that one meet a week at the Carvery works fine ,It seems a perfect venue,and almost every meet since the start of the season we have had 20 / 30 members attending. I say stick with the Carvery for this season and next season. :tup
Hey Gooner fan I was that Billy no mates :rofl :rofl
but hopefully i can make it to the carvery even just for an hour as we have our grand daughter this year :) so we have to wait and see
sharon
I've also been a Billy no Mates last February at the Baga venue - a man could get a complex! Have they seen us and scarpered? Is that them over there?
We felt like Quasi Modo at a speed dating meeting.

Because of that it was great to have such a vibrant meeting at the Carvery in November. The Carvery ticks all the boxes for me - easy to get to, plenty of space, good service, Ram seems a nice guy and best of all - did somebody mention discount?
:tup

Carvery for me! :cheers
To be fair to both members and to Terry and Angela a decision has now been made to drop the Calangute meet. We don't have enough takers for two meets. Terry has sent a lovely email thanking us for choosing Why Not. All those who did attend the one main meet we had at Why Not had a great time and staff worked hard to keep everyone happy. :) When I originally emailed Terry he gave me what they had on every night and it certainly seems a busy place. Kareoke on Tuesdays, bingo on Wednesdays. a singer comedian on a Monday (our fred)) starting from after Christmas and once a month a charity event for animal rescue on either a Thursday or Friday. I'd like to thank Terry and Angela and I wish them continued success :D
We now have one thread where you can add your name to any of the meets you might be attending this season :) HERE
Just back from Goa Dec 23rd, had another fab time yet again,only made one of the meets in Carvery on Dec 10th and had a great time catching up with people we met there in March.
Lovely to see Irish Colleeen, John, Polly, Split , TravellinTriona and OHs. The Carvery a lovely place, easy to find and only short taxi ride from Calangute/Baga.
Hope to return again in march, see you all again then.
sorry we missed you that week irish noel.. we were at a wedding...hope to meet you next time
chilly ;)
Hi All,

Happy New Year!!!

Really missing the wednesday meet ups with H(r)T!

Irish Noel I was really looking forward to seeing your Simon Cowell grin :tup

We had a really great time at the three meets we went to. Andy my other half (now HoneyBeeHarvey) moaned that, quote "they would all be computer geeks talking to each other via laptops" and was really reluctant to go (bit like a 5 year old on the first day at school!) however he had a great time and said can we put our names down for later on this year (we have already booked the room and waiting for the flights to be released)!

PS just to let you know it's snowing here! I will write a report when I thaw out!!!!

HoneyBee Hugs Trina and Andy x-x-x
Irish Noel what date are you back in March we will be there on the 14th of march so we will be at what ever meets is in that 2 weeks ..it was great too meet you again too :cheers
Just don't expect to leave early if you go to the meets there
Or very sober if Chilly has much to do with it :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hi Colleeen, Triona Chilly & all,
Sorry didnt make any more of the meets when we were there, always seemed to be somewhere else on the nites they were on and couldnt get back in time.
went to Palolim for a few nites, absoultely heaven.
Hope to be back early March and be there for St Pats Day again,
Hope to see you all then
:rofl well Dunk thats about right eh!!! we all had some fun though didnt we :D hows little Dunk our camera man ! :tup
chilly
Cant remember much im afraid neither can debbie (the wife) after you and sian led her astray, is there a link to the photos as the kids want to see them.... :tup
:D Debbie led me astray with those Pina Colada's!!!!!!!!!!! ........and Sian is immune to it I think :rofl I was in bed all day NYE and didnt even have a drink New Years Eve night :rofl just as well you've gone home ..... I havent loaded any pics yet...better get on the case when I have had my dinner tonight :tup
Chilly
I definitely can't make March :cry but hope that everyone continues to enjoy the meets.

Trina.... have quoted what your OH so many times now!! (Just so others realised that we're not geeks..... bordering on needing AA but not geeks :rofl :cheers )

Tania x

PS Will get around to doing my trip report soon :)
Celcat does that mean that you are coming back at christmas?

Andy came in on Friday evening a little worse for wear ....moaning that a pint over here was more expensive than a whole bottle of Honeybee and he cannot understand why the bottle he brought home is evaporating! :duh

Perhaps we should start the new meets with "hello my name is ..... and I'am a Holiday truth.....aholic!

The other thing was creeping in to the guest house in the wee hours after the meets (just like when you were a teenager!) and expecting the owner to tick you off!!! :cheers

Trina and Andy x-x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.