Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
If you give us more information, such as where this hotel is located and who you booked with, we can have it added to our hotel review site.

luci :wave
hi luci.... :wave ..sorry i should know better... :oops: ...its in costa de la luz booked with orchard travel flying into faro airport ......regards...john-doe. :)
Click Here John for some reviews of this hotel.

I'll add the hotel to our review section once we have an area sorted out for it. :D
Hi John,

Will you let us know what it's like when you get back?

Thinking of going next July as soon as the schools finish.We don't like the "English Spain" so thought Costa de la Luz would be perfect.

Also where are you flying from as we will have to fly from Liverpool or Manchester? Also what is the transfer time from the airport?

Just been on to Orchard site and I don't think they@ve got prices for that far ahead yet!!!!!!!!!

But having a 12yr old it has to be AI which I think works out cheaper in the long run.We went to Tunisia AI in June and the food was the best we'd had AI much better than the usual chips,more chips etc.

Thanks

Doreen
hi...doreen....we are flying from leeds/bradford airport,.take off 15.45 and land back at 13.50.transfer time we have been told is 45 mins,.and i will of course let you know how it went,.my wife tells me that airtours are doing the iberostars in that area for the first time,.it in the 2007 brochures now and there are some good deals,...........regards...john-doe....

hi...to you ... :wave glynis...thanks for the info.... :) ......john-doe....
Hi John,

Thanks for that ,have been on to Airtours site but they seem to have a fault,you can't get beyond the first two hotels!!!!
I don't want to book until probably Feb next year as we are going to Egypt for Feb Half term, but the more I find out about Costa de la Luz the more we all really fancy going there!!!!!!!!

It looks fantastic,Have you read all the reviews,apparently the beaches compare to that of the Carribean[not that we've ever been there]. All we want is a quiet,Spanish resort with no CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that went to Sa Coma last year and had a great time but a bit too British for us[although S'llott was great].

We love experiencing local food and the local way of life!

Don't you agree the best part of going on holiday is to share the locals way of life ,their food etc.

Our 12yr old will not entertain Benidorm or the likes!"!

Hope to speak again

Doreen
hi again ..doreen...the travel agent is orchid travel and not orchard travel as i stated before ...sorry for any confusion,(my wifes writting is not getting any better she should have been a doctor).....regards again...........john-doe..... :oops:
Hi Johndoe
We have travelled all around spain, canaries and balaerics over the past 25 years rarely returning to the same place twice until we found the costa de luz. We have been the last two years and will be going back next year. The beaches are the best we have ever come across and the hotels are pure luxury, most being 4 and 5 star and opening on to the beaches. We do prefer the southern are of costa de luz where you fly into Jerez. We have stayed at the all inclusive RIU Chiclana and the barrosa park hotel on the barrosa beach, both magnificent and we have had a bit of a nosy around most of the other hotels in the region and would stay at any of them as they all seem to be of the same excellent standard all with huge grounds and lovely gardens. Can't wait until next year.
hi ..wilson.. :) thanks very much for your information........regards.john-doe.
We stayed in isla canela last september and had a great time. If you are looking for a quiet old spain holiday then its the place for you. It has a few bars and places to eat in the del morel area of the harbour which are great and quite reasonable on prices. Sugar reef is a nice bar to have a drink in late in the evening. In the unlikely event you get taken ill why you are away the hospital is 5 mins drive back into ayamonte on the left, they dont speek alot of english but you have first class treatment. My wife was taken ill while there, they completed tests straight away (no waiting) put her on a drip for a few hours and then went back to our apartment everything fine. They didnt want our insurance and no money as we were covered being british. Back to the holiday you are 10 mins drive away from portugal (straight over the bridge) or by ferry which has some great places to visit. The whole area is nice and quiet and the old spain. Great beaches with quiet beach bars. Prices are alot cheaper then other parts of spain ie in the supermarkets it very cheap! I had to look twice at some prices as i thought they were wrong being too cheap but thats the cost of living out there. We found that flying into seville was by fay the cheapest with ryanair, alot cheaper than going into faro with easyjet. Car hire from the airport was cheap again at £120 for the week and the drive takes around 90 mins from seville to isla canela, easy to get to on one road mainly. We found by booking private (we booked through owners direct) and booking your own flights and car hire it cut our holiday price in half. Any other info i can give just ask. Forgot to say that ayamonte has many more places to eat which is only a short drive from isla canela and dont be fooled by someone trying to find you a car parking space, they are not officials and are only doing it for money. Just say no thanks and walk away. It is a lovely place and you should have a great holiday.

Stu
hi stu... :) ...thank you very much for information,. only 4 weeks to go ,.i do hope your good lady is well now........regards and thanks again..........john-doe...........
Thanks john she is fine, you will have a great time as its a lovely place. You should get wall to wall sunshine as its so far south but you do get a lovely breeze but dont be fooled as you will burn. If you want anymore info just ask.

Stu
hi all..just 6 days to go before our holidays at the iberostar at isla canela.
costa de luz......more than ready for it ,will post a review on our return.
...............regards to all...................john-doe.........
Have a great time, its a nice time of year to be going as its still nice and warm down there. Have a beer in sugar reef for me while you look out over the boats watching the sun go down :) 8)
hi..stu01...we are all packed now just waiting for our neighbours who are taking us to the airport,we have such good people aroud here.
regards to all see my report when we return........john-doe.......
hi ..all have just returned from the iberostar isla canela.
have written a report but if anyone wants further info please just ask.
regards..............john-doe...........
and here is the report. Thanks John!
Hi John,
Sorry to hear your hotel wasnt up to scratch. What did you think about the area and did you get out and about 8)
hi again ..stu.. :wave ...we really enjoyed the area in and around isla canela.
we hired a car for three days to do the "sights" well worth while thing to do.
its just a pity that the hotel was running down the food supplies,that spoiled it for us as i have said the first three days were great and then it changed.
regards again to you..............john-doe....p.s would go back to the same area again,but not that hotel.........
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.