Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I dont think they are that bad. Theres a lot of scafold, that will only be used for painting, I suspect and the finishing touches. Oh yes, and a heap of compost.
A note about the pictures I have taken and sent to many of you via email or PM.

I was asked a few months ago by a member if I could check out this hotel and if possible take some photo's.

On two occasions on my weeks holiday I walked over to the hotel and took photo's trying to see what I could and report it back to this member.

On returning I realised that there are many members and guests who are interested in the progress of this hotel. So I offered to send the photo's to anyone who wanted to see them.

This I have done. Sending emails to Poland, Netherlands, Germany and various other places. Also about 20 pm's

I will try and clarify the state of the hotel as of the 3rd June.

As you will see a large section of the hotel has scaffolding up still.
Most of the painting appears to be done.
The grounds around the whole hotel are just dirt (this has not been leveled yet) However a lot of the slabs etc are piled around waiting to be laid.
From what I can tell there are no furnishings in the building.
The photo's are from the front and the side of the building. It was impossible to get to the other side or back of the building (as it resembles a building site)
The building covers a very large area. I am sure it will be one of the larger complexes in sunny beach when completed.
I was not invited in to take photos so I can not say what is inside in detail just what I could see through the windows and doors.
As far as the pool is concerned I did not see it.

I know this is a very distressing time for people. And that many of you booked this hotel having been told it was ready for occupation. I am truly sorry that I could not report back better news.

However I am just the messenger. Please don't' shoot me!!

Maybe they will work around the clock and this hotel will be ready soon.

However as of the 3rd of June there was a great deal of work still to be completed

I wish you all a very happy holiday
I hope it is at this hotel, but if not at a suitably impressive hotel somewhere else on the resort.
Regards
LJ
Lesley Jane,
Thx for all your help (infos & pics).
Best regards from Warsaw, Poland.
Hi Lesley Jane :D I would like to say a Big Thank You for getting and then sending the Photo's to me. I for one am most appreciative as these show first hand just how much work there is still left (Exterior work) to be completed. Thomas Cook have only once got in touch with us to send out the customary leter about Building Works in the general area but have not mentioned the fact that it is the actual Hotel that is still not complete. Without people like yourself being there and in a position to take Photo's and the likes we would all be in the dark about the current state of this and other Hotels. I therefore Applaud and Welcome your efforts and feel i speak for virtually all users of this website who i know would feel exactly the same way.
When you think, you were on your own Holiday after all and were not obligated to do any of this and may have even been at some risk for taking the Photo's in the first place.
Thanks again and all the best, Brian :) :) :)
Hi Lesley Jane Very Happy I would like to say a Big Thank You for getting and then sending the Photo's to me. I for one am most appreciative as these show first hand just how much work there is still left (Exterior work) to be completed. Thomas Cook have only once got in touch with us to send out the customary leter about Building Works in the general area but have not mentioned the fact that it is the actual Hotel that is still not complete. Without people like yourself being there and in a position to take Photo's and the likes we would all be in the dark about the current state of this and other Hotels. I therefore Applaud and Welcome your efforts and feel i speak for virtually all users of this website who i know would feel exactly the same way.
When you think, you were on your own Holiday after all and were not obligated to do any of this and may have even been at some risk for taking the Photo's in the first place.
Thanks again and all the best, Brian Smile Smile Smile

w0rd to that
I certainly agree with that

Lesley you are a star!

Many many thanks for what you have done, we certainly would be in the dark without your help, I hope you had an excellent time on your hols, lets hope we all do!

Many Many Thanks again
Debbie
Yeah, Big Thank you to Lesley_Jane :pele
Your efforts are very much appreciated :D :D . Pleased you had a great hol. :yipee :yipee

lets hope our holidays are just as good (only 11 days to go!!) :D
yes i would like to send a big thank you hug to lesley , a while ago she told me she was going over to SB and offered to check out the hotel and take some pictures for me , i now see that there was many people interested in this , thanks to agent lesley :-)

but i still worry about the hotel , many people travel out there theese days i hope you all get wha you want , anybody else going over there later willing to check out the hotell a little bit more ? anybody going in the end of this month able to do a check and see what kinda progress they have done ? let me know
  • Edited by Champ 2005-06-06 12:14:33
I would also like to thank Lesley for sending the photographs. They are very much appreciated. :D

I fly out on 27th June and will gladly post a report on how things are.

3 weeks and counting....................

Stephen
Am going on the 17th June and will definatley post a full report and take pictures etc. Providing I get there!!! I really hope it is open on time as I am the one in my party that has actually booked the holiday so feel responsible if it it not right and dont want to let my friends down :( am sure many others are in the same boat!! So fingers crossed for a completed hotel on arrival :D :D
Thank you everyone for your thanks.
I was more than happy to take the pics for you and send them to who ever wants to see them.

I will keep an eye on this thread and I hope if anyone does manage to take some more pics in a week or so I would love a copy, so I can also see how things are going.

I wish you all a very happy holiday.

Lets wish the Bulgarian builders gods speed to work fast and well.

And a hard rap on the knuckles to the holiday companies who have put you in this position :twisted:

Regards
LJ
I have been onto Thomas Cook today and they have confirmed that the hotel will be complete by the 13th June (live in hope!!) She is getting the confirmation of this faxed to her this afternoon and will be ready for me to pick up tomorrow, I have asked her to confirm this to me in writing as this is what Trading Standards advised me to do when I spoke to them this morning as it is some kind of come back as they would be in breach of contract if they were to move us to an alternative hotel to the one we originally booked and would be due compensation. I suggest you write to your tour operator and ask for writen confirmation that the hotel will be complete by your holiday date.

I will let you know what thie information says once I get it

Good luck to everyone on their hols

Debbie
blondie26,

This is great advice!! I am travelling with First Choice and have been trying to contact them by phone just to confirm hotel will be ready but never get through and so have resulted to emailing them but had no reply :( . So think its time for a letter.

Many thanks :D :D
I am going to the iberostar hotel on the 13th June and have been concerned about the previous e-mails regarding the hotel not being finished. I have had the usual letter telling me of building work but when I phoned First Choice they told me the actual hotel is complete the building work was in other hotels in the vicinity. I would be interested to view the pictures that someone has e-mailed, maybe it will be too late but I am going to phone again to-morrow to ask for confirmation that the hotel has in fact been completed. any more news I would be pleased to hear

Cathy
Lesley Jane thank you SO much for the photos. You did absolutely great job. My wife and I have two more questions. The street in front of the hotel (the one that goes to the main entrance) is the a public street that everyone can drive all the time or it's the hotel's street (that belongs to the hotel). We got a phone call from the travel agency this evening and the guy said there were no rooms with sea view available. So we are wondering - if we get a room on any other side will it be noisy or not.
The other question is - how far is from the hotel to the beach. Neckermann's catalogue says 100m. Is it true.

best regards
Arek
Hi all

Theres 4 of us off to this hotel too on the 13th June. I contacted First Choice back on the 19th May (after a very long time on hold I must add) and would advised by 'Tracey' that the hotel was fully complete, I asked for this to be forwarded to me in writting and was told that they dont do this. So I think another phone call is needed tomorrow after the advice provided on this site.

I shall let you know how I get on

Lesley could you please forward me the photos on

Thanks

Email removed please refer to the T&C of HT Briar
I too like Arek was wondering about sea views as I too was unable to book one but on the Iberostar website it does say:

Most of te rooms have lateral or full sea view

so maybe you can see some of the sea from all rooms! :?:
Cathy I have sent the photos to you via pm

Charlem I will do the same for you.

If you wish to have the photos sent by email (easier for me, and easier for you to save) Please pm me your email address. We are not meant to post them on the forum (for our own safety)

I am desperately trying to remember the location of the hotel in regards to having a sea view.
The front of the hotel is on the main beach front road (I believe) If my memory serves me right there are not other hotels directly in front of it (just a row of shops)
The beach should be behind this row of shops. So if you have a front facing room off ground level you should have a sea view.

There is a hotel just over the road on the other side to you (a bit further up from you) I am going to have a look on the map and see if I can place it for you to help you get a better idea of where the hotel is.
Regards
Lesley Jane
I am sorry I just can't find a new enough map of the resort.

The hotel I was thinking of just up the street a little way from the Sunny beach resort is the Colosseum.

There are so many new hotels that aren't shown on any of the maps I can find. :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.