Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I'm sure someone has said this already but remember to save a copy of your form (for passport number), you will need passport number for tracking on VFS website.

Hubby and friends posted theirs on Monday, hubby got his back today :tup 2 of our friends should receive theirs tomorrow but unfortunately another must have gone to the bottom of the bag and only arrived at HCI today - should be back by mid week though. All in all, the new service is working well. :)
Well i just did ours online and made a major mistake or not depending on how you look at it.At the end of the online application process i chose pay now fully meaning to go back and print out the forms once I had paid.Went to the secure payment site(opens in new window so I thought no problem)then got the dreaded message this page has expired when I tried to get back to the main site to print out the forms.I had not made a note of the reference number thinking that I would have that available once I had paid.All I have now is the fact that our applications are noted online and no reference number to enclose with the passports other than the one the bank gave me for online payment.If this is the same then no problem as you do not actually need to send printed forms as well.

Not hopefull though.Anyone any suggestions please apart from calling the 95p per minute phone number.

Papa
If the reference number the bank gave you is a number starting with a W then 13 digits, then there is a chance that this is your ref number.
Yes it is.I think I will send the filled in forms signed by both of us with a copy of the payment form.After all they have the online application alrready.

Honestly I am not stupid and I know my way around a computer and run my whole life online but it is really stupid to let a webpage expire when you have given four choices of what to do.The payment page was supposed to open up in a new window thereby allowing me to then go back to the other page and print off the forms.

Indian web logic I suppose.Gave me a bit of a stressful night

Papa
Sorry to all but my eyes are hurting reading so much on here.

I have just paid online £60 plus charges and vat, comes to £85, do I have to send Special delivery envelopes or are these included in charges under courier charges (bit thick me sorry)
Looks like you have paid for the return SDE as mine was only £77 as I am including one of my own.Do not forget to send in a SDE though.Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the quick reply, yes I thought I had but wasn't sure.
wee beefy you need to print off the original application form and fill it in by hand to send off, not the online form.

This info is surely wrong ? I have filled in the application on line, clicked to send and then printed this off (which is a completed form), signed it and sent this along with passports and photos.
Bigbaddad - you are right with what you did, paid for them to supply and return the passports to you.
Sent electronic form off last Sunday and posted passports Monday, and have been tracking all week. Thursday it said they have been sent on to the High Commision Birmingham, so looks as though all is okay and should be back with us tomorrow or Tuesday.
Spike.
i filled it in online then printed it off, getting passport and photo's ready to send.
Weebeefy you've done what I meant, you fill the form in online and then choose the option to print. Your completed form is then printed and all you have to do is sign it and send it along with your passport and SD return envelopes.

As others have said, take a note of the Special Delivery numbers from your return envelope/envelopes so that you can track them when they are on their way back to you.
will do, thanks for all advice it was truely needed.
make sure you write down the passport numbers so you can track them on line
Pat :cheers
Visas back this morning - no problems, and a decent service (still think the forms could be easier/more understanding though).
Spike.
How much does it cost for a visa via post?

We got an agency to do ours, paid 55pounds per person for 3 of us, and got ours back within a week.

I know it is 30pounds for a visa, but then theres the surcharge, and cost of postage.
For sending 2 passports in one envelope.
Visa fee = £30.00 x 2
Service charge = £ 8.86 x 2
Return Royal Mail Special Delivery (by visa center) = £ 7.40 x 1
Send to visa center via RMSD = £5
Total cost = £90.12
= £45.06 each
ah right, we would have had to use two enveloped for the return as theres 3 of us.

So, it doesnt cost much more to use an agency if there are more than 2 people applying.
We used agency as well for 4 of us, have used them last 3 times and cost £50 each inc donation to charity. Only supply Photos fill in 1 form each and wait 2 weeks . I think much better than online headache way of doing it from what I read on forum, 6 wks this Sat Yesssss Yessss :sun2 :hyper :fly
sorry sorry sorry if being repetative here but.... my son and his partner and baby (19 mths old) are hoping to come out, i have said i will look into the visa bit!! (as well as paying the fares :duh )
1. I take it they need a visa for the baby?
2. is it same price?
3. can they send off all three together in the envellope with passports and printed online form,
4. also does somerset fall under London VFS ?
any other tips that are helpful as never done one for baby before..
:que just read this on a post
you will still need to print off standard the application form and fill it in to take with you, they do not just accept the print off, or at least they don't when you post it off, I think its because there is nowhere to sign on the other form and they want to check signature against your passport

is that right??? I helped my friend apply some months back and dont remember handfilling a form to send with passports? trouble is i dont remember much of what i did to be honest!! and not needing a visa myself I am unfamiliar with all this !
is it poss for me to complete ONLINE my son/partner and baby's forms submit and pay at same time and then for him to just send off the passports and proof of payment from UK? (I cant copy him the form though if so, as i am in Goa already)reason being he is more likely to make a mistake than me!!! ...... or will this not work?
thanks Chilly :)
Chilly, he will have to have the completed forms to sign them before sending off with passport, photos etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.