Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mine arrived this morning woo hoo :D and I sent it to the victoria address it just got redirected so took a day longer, posted on the 8th dec, so ten days in all not bad.
Goa here i come, well not till feb :sun2
Ingeri
posted mon..birmingham..recieved back this morn.friday five days.. yipee....very quick.. thanks smudger ..
New web application is a bit of a palaver, but, I seem to have managed it....hopefully.
Reading previous posts it would seem I need to send it to either of the 2 London addresses(as i live in Guernsey), but Hayes seems to be quicker. Has anyone tried Hayes? will they accept it there? Bit pushed for time with all these Bank hols before 24th Jan :yikes
Sent ours to Birmingham Sat, tracked as received mon 22nd, today 23rd is listed as having been sent to consulate, no complaints with that turn around. Know there will be delay with Xmas post but at least it is on its way.
Had concerns as I had applied online but was delayed in sending off passport, and had been informed the applications are only held for 15 working days. I e-mailed the information place and told them it was on it's way with 24 hours to spare and asked that my application was not deleted and it seems to have worked.
My faith has been restored after all - at least until I have visa in my hand!!
Hi, We are planning a trip to Goa on or around 19th january, we do not have our visas yet. In the past we have submitted them by hand in Birmingham and collected later that day and from what I have read this is not possible now. When we went last year we used a visa agency in Bolton, but time and location for that option (If it is still possible to use a visa agency?) is against us.
We now intend to apply online and visit Birmingham on the 9th january to pay and hand in passports etc. Can somebody tell us if we can still collect them that day or do we need to return a couple of days later to collect?
Or can we have them posted back to us and how long approximately would that take bearing in mind we would like to go on the 19th Jan?
Hi there,

Can i go to VFS global in Uxbridge Road, without an appointment and hand in mine and my husbands visa application. Either to collect 3 days later or give an SDE and have it returned to me by post.

Thank you for any advice
Hi ales, we are in the same situation really. We need to send off for our viasa next week, and we are due to leave on the 26th Jan. I am planning on using the visa agency in Bolton, because someone on this forum recommended them, and i am sure they get your passport and visa back to you within a week.
Hi. I sent my application to Hayes on Fri 19 December and got my passport back by SDE today! I think thats really impressive especially bearing in mind the Xmas post..
xmas post should not delay an SDE envelope, it stands for special delivery and provideds guaranteed next day delivery before 1pm. thats what you are paying for, compensation can be claimed if its not delivered on time
Hiya everyone, just as a double check before I send mine off.

I'm ok to send mine and my missus passports off together in a SDE, along with the printed off and signed forms, plus 2 photos each.

I'll have paid online, and will also included a prepaid SDE for sending the passports back. Do I need to include any other money? Or will that all be taken care of when we apply together online?

Can we apply together online as we're not married yet? Will it mean two separate applications?

Is the online application usually down during the night? As once I click on the accept bit right at the start and it goes to the secure server, it just appears to be down, and has been for a while.

As we're just going on holiday, it's just the £30 each, tourist visas isn't it?

Sorry for the essay, I just wanted to check before I started to fill everything in. And I know that someone on here will put my mind at ease :)
not sure about server being down during the night ?
i think you can apply together even if your not married but you will be able to find out as you follow the process on line
yes to the other questions you seem to have everything else worked out ok good luck anita woody
Applied on-line on 23rd Dec and sent passports etc to Hayes on Dec 27th. Received back this morning complete with shiny new visas!! Discounting Sunday and New year that was a 4 day turnaround and a record for us.(They were back to Royal Mail on Dec 31st) Most impressed!!
Does anyone happen to know the pin for Sunset Beach Resort in Candolim?

Checked the online reviews on here and the address isn't shown. The hotels website just shows:
SUNSET BEACH RESORT
Fort Aguada Road
Candolim, Bardez - Goa
India.

So no pin is shown for me to enter onto my visa application. Anyone able to help out please?

Also, when it asks for place of birth. So, I entered "Salford, England". It wouldn't accept it though. So is it normal to only enter the city name, even though is does request city and country
Anyone know about place of birth though? As it does ask you for two, but doesn't seem to accept two, just the actual city???
sorry

1. I have filled in the form on line but I wont send it as I want to go to the visa place

2. do I just go or do I have to make an appointment

3. do I get it back the same day

The website is not clear
It is better to make an appointment but not necessary. You will not be able to collect your visa the same day, it is usually ready for collection about 3 days later. In most cases the postal service is excellent. Hope this info is of some help to you! :)
thanks, I am going to alicante for 2 days feb so I cant take the risk of sending it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.