Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
ours were posted back within 3 days!
Wayhey Niptuck was that without going in person, if so that must be a record :cheers was it a while ago or recently?
I e-mailed the hci visa info site to enquire how long online applications are held and it is 15 working days .
Hope this may be useful for any other readers :tup
Mine was back in 4 days as well..... nobody was more shocked than me! :D

Here's hoping it's good news for you x
Sent 4 applications off last thursday with a travel agent in Bolton.got them back yesterday [wendesday] 6 days in total not bad eh. No worry no stress no problem Cost was £55 each well worth the extra couple of quid.

:sun2 neil :sun2
todays the day debgreg, hope its your visas back....
Well I have them all back not processed :cry My teenage son signed his were it said his name and signature i was not aware that I should have signed (i suppose I should have checked) oh well, the problem is my friends who we are traveliing with, her sons signed theirs as well but hers aren't back yet. We go on the 28th but now we know that this is the only issue would they process them as soon as they recieved them or do we try and get time off work and drive 4 hours return to take them ,Dilema
ooh no Deb, I am not sure what I would do in your situation?????? My friend who is going on 27th December only sent for hers yesterday and I am a little worried she won't get it back , there is 1 day when the embassy is closed for a holiday, I think it may be 15 December, then they will be closed over Xmas , the dates are on the website.
My friend has just tracked hers and they have been sent to the embassy even though her sons signed their own :que I am going to post mine in a minute, i think now they have been checked them it shouldnt be that long before they complete them.
hi deb.....im sure at this time of year in the present climate they will rush through all applications as im sure they will need all the visitors they can going there......so pour a glass of wine and dont worry....lol

angie xx
Thanx Angie I was thinking along the same lines also I am sure applications have dropped as many people are thinking twice. I have posted SDE (another£10.50) and put in the sheet that said the only problem was a parent needed to sign, it will be there before 1pm tomorrow. I have worked out even if it took 10 working days it would be back by the 19th. My friends who posted theirs on the same day as me (Last Tues) says sent to consulate , even though her kids signed their own, obviously depends who deals with the Apps.
Just a warning for anyone going with children make sure a parent signs if they are under 16. We just got all of ours back, but my friends children signed theirs and they have been processed. :que
Whiskas, and all still waiting-

Just got my passport back from Birmingham via Special Delivery- exactly 2 weeks since I sent it.

It showed up as going to CGI Birmingham on Monday, and according to VFS online tracking it's still there :D

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting- and look forward to seeing you out there :cheers

abomination
xx
Woo-Hoo!! Got the visas!!

Took 16 days start to finish.

Goa here I come!!

:cheers
my friend has got hers back posted Tues 24th recieved back Friday 4th Dec even though her kids signed their own :que her husbands came back even though on the tracking it kept saying no record found. Just hoping mine come back soon :(
Hi Debgreg

Sorry to hear yours is not going as straight forward as we would hope. I think your calm attitude is a good stance as I am sure you will solve the issues better.

Just for examples to others I received our visas on the 5th December

Application made online on the 22nd November
Sent to Birmingham on the the 24th November
Received at Birmingham on the 25th November
Posted back to us on the 4th December
Received at home on the 5th December

In total 12 days from posting off to receiving back
Working days in total 10

Looking forward to our visit in February, although I do have a little trepidation but looking forward to the backwoods camp experience
Thanx sleeper I will start to panic in another week if nothing happens online. I have e-mailed them and just got the standard reply but they do seem to be getting processed quite quickly at the moment (watch nothing happen wih mine) well heres hoping, if not i will have to go to B/ham and kick ass :D 22 days to go,talk abot living on the edge :rofl :rofl there was someone going in Feb worring on TA :que
Hi there after attempting to read the 70 page visa topic on the forum i seem to be feeling more worried as what to do... considering when i am going and with xmas post i am thinking of going to birmingham personally handing in and collecting my visa as i am concerned that we wont get our visa in time if we post them or apply on line... i am going to phone the visa place tomorrow and see what they recommend but was wondering if anybody was in a similar situation or if anyone could give me some advice incase i dont get anywhere with the visa people!!!

I live in liverpool so the trip to birmingham would only be a hour or two top's...

thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.