Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, when we applied for our visas at the end of last year, i put the 3 application forms along with our passports and photos in one envelope.
They also sent our 3 passports back in one SDE envelope.

As you already know, the rules have changed, they will only put 2 passports per SDE, but i cant see it being a problem putting more than 2 application forms and passports in on the way there.
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers Hope this is good news just checked on line and my application says PROSSESED APPLICATION FORWARDED TO ROYAL MAIL 25TH NOV(TODAY),we go Saturday all been well.
Thankyou for all your help and reasurance over the last few days,Regards David.
Be carefull when they send your passports back as we sent 3 passports and two envelopes for return, they sent mine and my daughters in one envelope and never sent my husbands, i had to email them and pay 95p per minute for the phone call and tell them what they had done and had to tell them what the name on the envelope they had left to send Oh's in.We had put a note in with the passports asking for mr & mrs in one & miss in the other. They still did not get it right.I dont think it maters how many you send in one envelope as long as you send enough for on the way back, 2 per envelope.
You should have your passports delivered on the 26th will someone be in to sign for them.
Did you include your own Speacial Delivery Envelopes as you will be able to track them on the royal mail site later today or early tomorow morning

enjoy your holiday

GM06
Ian
:) Hi Gm06Ian ,
I put prepaid s.a.e. special del envelope inside,but never thaught to note the number . As it was a prepaid one £5.05 p from post office, but never mind I also think it will be all ok now.
Chers Bighally40
once mine appeared on the website as handed to royal mail they came next day, i paid £5.05 for my enevelopes as well.

GM06
Ian
:tup

That's great news, you can stop worrying now, and get concentrate on your packing and going on your hols. Mine came the next day so should be with you tomorrow just make sure someone there to sign for them.

Have a fantastic time.

Pip
x
I noticed the last time we sent off our visa applications and passports, the S.D.E. we used was prepaid and had a maximum weight limit printed on it; I think it was 500 gms. So in theory if the total weight of your passports, photos and return S.D.E.s does not exceed the max weight limit on the envelope, then you should be ok to post them all together.
We sent 5 application forms, and obviously the associated passports, all in one envelope. As pointed out by others, we also had to include 3 seperate return envelopes as they inist they will only send back 2 in any one envelope.

15 frustrating days later, they all turned up. :wave:
Hi
I sent them today all in one envelope but I put two in for the returns, I put my name on both returns and I hope that is ok as my OH has a different surname :duh but I completed them all together online so I hope it will.

Just for info it only cost £5.05 per envelope in the Post office as opposed to £7 something what they charge. The envelopes are massive and if you put the correct stamps on for the weight i do not understand why they say only 2 per envelope :que
The slip that they give you back in the post office has the tracking number on it (did mine today) but hopefully you should have them in the morning anyhow, Happy Holiday :cheers
Edit... Oh No just thought, that is the one going not coming back :duh I didn't take the number either :rofl :rofl oh well I will just have to hope for the best
Oh Lordy Lord, just read on TA you need to put 0044 (we didnt) on uk phone numbers will this be enough for them to be sent back :cry
If your passports are sent back because you didn't put 0044 on the telephone numbers, then I think they are a bunch of jobs worths.
debgreg we sent 6 passports in one envelope with 3 return enevelopes....hubby didnt put the dialing code and ours was fine....we are on the same flight as you!!!!
Just a note on my experience. My Husbands father is no longer around so I put deceased. And that seems to be ok. I applied on line, paid the fee and sent everything down to Birmingham. After a week everything was sent back as I had put down NA for British Referees. They sent a note saying I needed 2. (Even though someone has posted on here saying they had done the same and was accepted). I duly put down the referees and sent everything back. I didn't need to pay extra (except for the Special Delivery). For over 2 weeks of tracking the status said 'application created'. I checked again on Monday and the status had changed to 'Application sent to Consulate'. Tuesday evening the status had changed again to 'Processed application sent to Royal Mail'. My passports and Visas were delivered this morning. Yippeee! Other postings are correct that if you are sending your applications to Birmingham, they sit on them for around 10 working days before sending them to the Consulate. However, if they are incorrect, they will send them back earlier, in about a week. I was a little worried about the photos as on my passport I have long blonde hair, however on my current pictures I have long brown hair, although they were accepted. Also my husbands signature wasn't exactly identical, and it was accepted so I think it is just pot luck. As we are leaving on 6th December I was getting a little worried so I e mailed the Consulate on Monday. However, I am still yet to receive a reply (although it doesn't matter now) so I would suggest telephoning. I know it is expensive, but at least you may get peice of mind. Happy holidays everyone!
seabie
Why would you put NA for British Referees? dont you know any
Finally managed to complete my online application and payment today after several attempts!! Just got a couple of questions for the clever ones of you out there -

Some have mentioned about signatures on form and passport having to be the same but on the completed form I printed from my application there is no where that indicates a signature is required, should I just sign the bottom of the form before sending it?

Having done my application, my friend who I was going to post it off with (too mean to pay full postage :rofl ) is going away and needs her passport so won't be able to send for over 2 weeks, will this be ok?

Thanks
:que
got mine back yesterday - that's 6 days through a visa company, my mates still waiting but should be ok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.