Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I sent my visa application to victoria and it has been redirected to another address. i have proof of delivery via royal mail track and trace but i have tried to trace through the vis application and there is no change in the status.
all it states is that i made an application online on the 30th november.
how long does it take to change a status?

cheers

playuppompey
Hi Ryan

I'd be tempted to take it in if I were you- if there's anything wrong on your form it can take 4 weeks for your passport to be returned- leaving you in Limbo. If you take it in the counter staff can help you correct it then and there, and you can get them to send it back by special delivery so you'd only need to make the trip once.

I'd agree with Debgreg about the 0905 number- I'm still waiting on callbacks from 4 weeks ago!

abomination
Mine came back in a week from B/ham not done, posted back same day Thurs 4th Dec, they got them 5th Dec Status still says created 24/11/08. I will keep you posted when they change, not panicking yet :yikes
Yipeeeeeeeeee my status has changed to accepted at B/ham shouldn't be long now :cheers Goa here we come, thank god i didn't drive down
Debgreg

Well chuffed for ya'. I think it was the cool attitude. Doesn't it feel like you have won the lottery...well at least three numbers!

Enjoy your holiday.

Just received letter form F/C stating our luggage aalowance was wrong and instead of the 23kg we now have 30kg. It's all going to well!
Thanx Sleeper good day all round then :tup I keep checking all the time to see if its changed again :D
Just checked again 7.30pm ,message says forwarded to consulate :cheers here we go, here we go, here we go, the elation almost makes the stress worthwhile :rofl :rofl :rofl
Good oh. If it was like mine it will probably stay like this for a couple of days. But it's time to relax.
Posted ours on 29 th November arrived back this morning.
just waiting for the sun now :cheers
There is something wrong with the Visa Link can't track my application :(
I've not been able to track my visa application on line either, has anyone been able to do this today?

Judy
Mine now says handed to royal mail, should be here in the morning :cheers
Yes sleeper i will feel better when I have them in my hands, but i am glad i didn't panic and take a days holiday and drive all the way to B/ham
No problems here either,

Posted to Birmingham 2/12
Received back 11/12

Paid for there return postage and they were sent Special Delivery,
Put NA in Indian Referees caused no problems.
at last I have them in my possesion 1 week after I posted them back. They seem quite quick at the moment :tup
Well have to say I am very impressed with Birmingham Visa Offices did my visas on line last Monday and on Saturday morning my visas came back for myself and my partner. Just over 1 week that is really good service. So hopefully will help a few people knowing that do process the visas quite quickly.

:sun2
I applied for a tourist visa by post to the Hayes application center and selected the option to collect my passport from the Goswell Road application center, as it's just down the road from where I work and I could pop down during my lunch hour. However, the online tracking on the VFS states:

"Processed application is ready for collection at Application Center London-Hayes."

Will my passport be forwarded to the Goswell Road application center as I requested? There's no way I'll be able to collect it from Hayes, especially as you can only do so between 1 and 4.30.

I've emailed VFS Global but reading others people's experiences I'm not holding my breath on a reply, so I was wondering if there is a way to contact the Hayes application center, such as a direct phone number...I've googled it with no luck :duh

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

P.S. I know there's a premium rate number but it's only for general enquiries, so I'm not sure how much help they'll be.
Vazza, that is the message before it changes to passed to Royal Mail. It means that it is waiting to be collected by Royal Mail for return to you. Sorry just realised I read that wrong, scrap that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.