Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I have a feeling it could be as little as two weeks depending on how they feel
Applied online for our visas and posted off on the 18th November.

The online tracking on the High Commission website still says 'an application was created on 18th november'. I know they have received it as have tracked the application via Royal Mail.

Do they not update the online tracking bit, if not what's the point of it?

Or is it in a large pile of hundreds of other applications?

16 days to go....yikes!
Ours say the same, I have read loads of threads on TA saying it doesnt change until it is passed to the consulate usually after about 2 weeks, then it moves quite quickly
Thanks debgreg and silentman - know who I hope is right about time before application may be cancelled!
I could get my friend to cancel going away so we can get passports sent off, but dont think her OH will be too pleased as it is their 25th wedding anniversary :rofl

Oh well, can't do anything about it now, will just have to kep fingers crossed
Hi, can anyone help?

We go to Goa on 15th December.

Did visa application online and posted on 18.11.08. I checked Royal Mail and they were delivered and signed for the following day.

Since we applied the status has simply been 'an application has been created'.

It now says 'Received at Birmingham Application Centre 01.12.08'

I don't understand. Will the ten working days start from today as if so we are screwed!

They have had them since the 19th!

Help! Panicking!
I have read loads of posts on this ,apparently once it changes status it moves quite quickly, most people saying about 16days in total
Hi, thanks for that. Just checked again an hour later and it says 'application has been forwarded to consulate general in birmingham 01.12.08'. No idea what this means but I hope it's good.
whiskas when my applications said that we recieved them within two days dont worry ;)
Can anyone help, is it okay to send off online completed forms to the victoria london address, the reason why i ask is that on the form it asks which agency one will send the form to and i used the drop down and clicked victoria address, now i read on front page it says send to goswell :cry
Inger
This is the address you have to send to for visa's in london.1-3 Canalside,Uxbridge Road,Hayes Middlesex,UB4 OJN. I have already done our visa's and received them back from this address, hope this helps. Gel
It's looking good for the Visas so far I think......updated today the 2nd Dec to Application has been forwarded to Consulate General of Birmingham on 02-Dec-2008.

Is this a safe bet that all has gone well?

Wonder how long it takes from this step. Again thanks for the info from the site.
Looks that way sleeper, what date did you post them?
Hi Debgreg

Application made on the 22nd Nov (stayed like this until the 2nd Dec)
Posted SDE on the 24th Nov
Received VFS on the 25th Nov

All updates for online tracking happened in one day (today the 2nd) with tonight finishing with Application has been forwarded to Consulate General of Birmingham on 02-Dec-2008.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Strangely most changes were done in the evening.
Yippee!! The online tracker of the High Commission has said Application forwarded to Consulate General etc for two days and now says Processed Application handed over to Royal Mail.

Won't relax till I have our passports in our hands but feeling positive now!

(Sent on 18th November)
Thanx Sleeper, mine were created 24th Nov, posted 25th received the 26th (still saying app created) so they wern't far behind yours, I hope mine are done soon :cheers
I have just got home from work to find a royal mail collect ticket. Given I only posted the visas last tuesday they must have returned them not done. It is still showing as application created 24th Nov on the system looks like i is a trip to birmingham for me then :cry
you may be surprised.... they may be back done...
Someone on TA said theirs were back in 7days from posting date so fingers crossed, I would have to get time off work to go to B/ham as we go on the 28th Dec and with xmas and all that , I guess i will just have to wait until the morning when i got to collect whatever it is :yikes
Thanx for your reassurance :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.