Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
have link to iris own web site but i cant get it posted on here. PM me and i send you link. has a good picture section. a friend who works over in sa coma had relatives staying there in june. recommended it, says there cheap.
Hi

Anyone got any info on Iris Apartments, Sa Coma.
We've booked up for July 2008.

Earlier this year someone else asked about Iris apartments and on their return let us know (it was good)so if you search earlier posts you will find it.CBG
The Iris apartments in sa comaare just up the road from the Paraiso apts opposite the Europa apts. it's a small complex of terrace houses with a smal pool..ideal for families and making friends and only a couple of minutes from the beach. July and august are quite lively in sa coma...hope you have a good time.
anything else you need to know, just ask...i live in sa coma...happy new year, vivien.
Hi all,
thanks for the info.

Vivien,
The apartments sound ideal as we prefer home from home apartments and were not into late night entertainment too much.
Are the apartments near Bouganvilla Park. We stayed there 17 years ago, so i can just vagely remember the resort, although it was just developing back then, so i bet its changed a lot since. I hope not too much as i remember it being lovely. I remember the gorgeous beach and it being next to Mcdonalds. We have 2 boys, 17 and 14, so im hoping the pool isnt too small, but then again, if the beach is close by it wont matter too much.
Can i also ask how long you think it would take in a taxi and how much we can expect to pay. Any you can recommend.
Thanks again, Elaine :)
No, they are not near Bouganvilla Park. That is still the furthest out complex in the resort. The Iris are much closer to the beach and bars. The Mcdonalds I think you are referring to was actually a Wimpy but is now a very busy Burger King which i'm sure your two kids will frequent on a regular basis!! You will notice changes since you last visited, the Protur complex is a "mini" resort on its own and they are some other new hotels on the main road in. Gigante is still there but is now a Caprabo supermarket (Spanish Tesco lol) and is still good value to shop at and just to go in and browse. What hasn't changed though is the fantastic beach. You won't go wrong believe me. I first went in 1992 and have been back many many times since. My kids would live there if they could and we have seriously contemplated buying property there. Not to sure on taxi prices because we always hire a car. It gives us flexiblity and independance and we have seen most of the island now and find the place magical, we went to Cap Formetor last summer and it was truly stunning. Have a great holiday
Hi, a taxi would be app €70 each way takes about 45 minutes . We use Janerbus for our transfers you can get a quote via internet. I have had many a lovely holiday in Sa Coma.CBG
hi im booked up for the iris apartments in sa coma for 26th aug for a week, myself, two kids 12 and 9 and the grandparents, just wondering what sort of things there is to do at sa coma, a friend was there a few years back and said the beach is great but the resort is very quiet and there is nothing to do.
my parents enjoy walking and fishing, where as my two lads are happy with the beach but do like some sort of entertainment of an evening. is it correct there are other resorts near by walking distance we could visit and can anyone recomend any good excersions?
thanks in advance bev
Hi bev-knows-best

Whilst you are waiting for some replies, why not check out our resort reports for Sa Coma HERE

Kath HT Admin
Sa Coma is a family resort and is geared to them. There is a small funfair trampolenes etc on the beach front also bars and hotels have tribute bands, parrot shows, magicians etc Cala Millor/Bona is close by, depends how far you want to walk, plenty of taxis and mini train and open top bus during the day. And of course the beach is FAB. CBG
Bev - We go 29th july - 5 August. We've booked for 8 nights to enable a late checkout (our flight is 8pm) on our seventh night. I must admit i dont feel 100% confident with there not being a reception.
It would be interesting to find out if anyone has stayed at the Apartments and what their experience was like checking in/out.
We have one review of these apartments HERE. If anyone has stayed here, please post in the link.

luci :wave
It wont be a problem, a friend has stayed there and the people were very friendly and because it is small, there are a lot less guests to deal with. Just go and enjoy yourself and have a great holiday
Thanks Barnio

Yes im sure we'll have a great time :D From what im hearing it all sounds good to me!

Wish it were tomorrow though :bawl
I have been reading these threads about the Iris apartments and also the other one that is linked to here . We have booked to stay in the Iris apartments in May , but we are starting to get worried now because we cannot find any idea of where we actually pick up the keys as there is no reception area . I have contacted TravelRepublic about this but I am still waiting for a reply.
It would be very helpful if the member called Kieth Walton from Preston , who put on the write up about these apartments , would please come on and tell other members on the other thread ( Elaine & bev-knows-best ) and obviously me also . I think this would be much appreciated by all three of us .The address of the apts. is
Carrer Dalias, 11,07587, Sa Coma .

thanks to anyone who may be able to help ,even the mods if they can contact Mr . Walton .
regards to all
David
:tup
crookesmoorlad
you have mail

i am unable to post link on here as i do not have enough posts
google
iris-apartamentos
;)
Thank you gengus for your trouble , and your mail

regards
David
gengus wrote:
crookesmoorlad
you have mail

i am unable to post link on here as i do not have enough posts
google
iris-apartamentos
;)

Thank you gengus, I too cannot post links yet, but hope the other forum users can get the web site
which is ( with the 3 "www " s) ***. iris-apartamentos.com/ingles/description.php
and the contact e-mail is : info and then the @iris-apartmentos.com

hope this works

crookesmoorlad
Mods... I have also posted this on the link from this string of threads in the hope of someone seeing it

I have been reading these threads about the Iris apartments and also the other one that is linked to here . We have booked to stay in the Iris apartments in May , but we are starting to get worried now because we cannot find any idea of where we actually pick up the keys as there is no reception area . I have contacted TravelRepublic about this but I am still waiting for a reply.
It would be very helpful if the member called Kieth Walton from Preston , who put on the write up about these apartments , would please come on and tell other members on the other thread ( Elaine & bev-knows-best ) and obviously me also . I think this would be much appreciated by all three of us .The address of the apts. is
Carrer Dalias, 11,07587, Sa Coma .

thanks to anyone who may be able to help ,even the mods if they can contact Mr . Walton .
regards to all
David

:whoops Sorry I think I have double posted this !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.