Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
:clap :clap :clap
I have had a reply from Travel Republic who we booked the Iris Apartments and this is the reply ,

Dear Client,
Good Afternoon, I have been advised that when you arrive to the hotel, at the entrance there is a board with an arrivals list with an apartment allocation for you to go to, Kind Regards, Travel Republic.

I hope this helps the other forum members for their visit to the Iris apts. I wish we were going tomorrow :)
David
david
i've already got my flights booked for may.
unsure where i'm going yet? i have been to sa coma 9 times in the last 5 years, i went in may the last 3 years. My kids love sa coma, especially the big swimming pool at our apartments. last year i split my holiday between sa coma and palma nova, thinking of doing the same this year. the season is just beging to take off and i find it really quiet. i always stay at the palmeras playa apartments and in may it has very few guests, we usually have the pool to ourselves. :sun2
Hiya gengus, we will be at the Iris from the 30th April to the 7th May , I hope it's nice weather there, we may see you ?

David

:hols :wave
Thanks David,
Im still unsure though how you get the actual key for the apartment and who you give the key to when we check out. I have booked for 8 nights although we are only staying for 7. This is to enable a late checkout as our flight coming home isnt until 8pm.

Id be most grateful if you could report back on your return

Happy holidays :sun2
Elaine
Ive also just booked at the Iris Appts at the beginning of May so will see some of you there. I'll be the one with the slighly batty 85-year-old mother :whoops Did I say that out loud? Just hope there's a key waiting so we can get in!!
Hi fortysomething,

Let us know how you get on.
Yes, the key business puzzles me! Were vacating the apartment a day earlier, we have requested a late checkout, but unsure how we will checkout if there is no reception. Ive sent the Iris apartments an email but have had no reply. Ive got my doubts that this will go as planned :que

Enjoy :cheers
Ohh well it's booked now so fingers crossed! Will be sure to let you know what it's like when I get back :sun2
The Iris apartments were absolutely fantastic . I will put a detailed "report " in the hotel reviews, but thought I would put peoples mind to rest about picking up the keys ! When you pull up at the wooden gates . go through and immediately on the left is a small glass cabinet telling you which apartment you are in. Just go to your apartment and it's unlocked , the keys are on the dining table,the manager comes to see your booking voucher the next morning , that's how safe the area is [b]!!![b] . The apartments are on the left turn where the Apts. Paraiso hotel is ,about 350 metres further up just after the bend in the road.
We had a brilliant stay here and would recommend them to anyone .

Hope this has helped you members who are going to IRIS APTS.
Have a lovely time

David
:hyper :hyper ;-)
thanks for letting us know about the keys for iris apartments. we go in august i was wondering how you got in to the apartments.
we have five in our party i presume there are two bedrooms and a sofa bed is this right? also are the apartments duplex?
are they near supermarkets/bars/beach etc.
last time i was in sa coma i stayed at bouginvilla are they near there?
thanks bev :)
Bev, yes the iris apts are "duplex " they have two bedrooms each with two single beds , one has a zedbed also ,there is a shower room upstairs . The dining room has a three piece suite , the settee doubles up as a bed , there is a small well equipped kitchen and a toilet and another shower. The apts will sleep six , and are near to super markets and bars etc. Bougenvilla apts are 15/20 minutes walk away.
David
Bev, just another thing , you are best to use the Caprabo hypermarket which you will actually pass from the Bougenvilla apartments going to the Iris apts. I have put a report in the hotel/resort section but it hasn't uploaded yet

David
Thanks for the post David.

Great to hear you had a fantastic time :)

Could you tell me how you handed the keys over on your departure. We have booked for 8 nights although we are only staying for 7, this was to ensure we could have a late checkout. Do the owners speak good english?

Im soooo looking forward to it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hello Elaine,

yes we did have a lovely time, I think they are the cleanest apartments we have stayed in and very pleasant. You don't have to hand over the keys, you just leave them on the table in the apartment when you go ., that's how safe the place is !!
The manager who comes round every day ( roughly about 10 or 10-30 ) speaks excellent English , my wife looked forward to his arrival on the days we were in !!!

I'm sure you will enjoy staying here , hope you have a lovely time
David
:sun :yipee
Just back from 11 days holiday at the Iris Apartments :fly
So first of all the key thing isn't a problem. When you arrive you'll see a noticeboard just inside the gate with the details of which apartment you have been allocated. Our keys were waiting inside the apartment. There isn't such a thing as formal as 'checking out' - when you leave, just leave the keys in the apartment.
The apartments are spacious and clean and although there are no staff on site, someone came around every day to check that everything was okay.
A couple of things to mention :
Do take care on the stairs - there is no hand rail from about half way up
There's some building going on close by - one villa being built just around the corner and one immediately to one side of the apartments. There is inevitably some noise that goes with that (but it certainly wasn't awful).
TV mostly Spanish & German - only English speaking channels were CNN & MTV
But please don't let those things worry you too much - as far as we were concerned they were pretty minor & I only mention them so that you are aware. We had a great holiday and Sa Coma is ideal if you want to relax and enjoy the sun. There's a fair number of shops and restaurants (hard to avoid chips with everything!). We found the Happy Bar a really good place to eat with lovely friendly Mallorcan staff. If you want British food served by Brits then try JJ's. The beach is simply lovely and just a 10 minute stroll from the apartments.
Enjoy! :sun2
Hi

Thanks for posting back. Was good to hear you had a lovely holiday.
The apartments sound great. We go on the 27th July so hopefully not too much building work going on then.

Can you tell me if there are supermarkets close by? We arrive at the apartments about 9pm
Hi Elaine
There's several Spar 'supermarkets' (though we'd call them mini-markets.) The nearest one is a reasonable size and less than 10 minutes walk away. As you come out of the apartments, turn right and at the end of the road turn right again & the Spar is about 300 - 400 yards. But while we were there they did close at 9:00pm! They may open later as the season gets underway.

These Spar's are pretty expensive (a pack of Lurpack butter is around 4 euro's, a very small cooked chicken about 7 or 8 euro's). They don't sell fresh meat or fish and only a very limited range of salad and fruit. There is a large supermarket a little further away (we discovered this too late so didn't actually go there, but we were told it's much cheaper than the Spar places) - turn left when you come out of the apartments, follow the road until you come to a mini roundabout where you turn right. At the end of the road you'll see the supermarket opposite. I'd say it's 15 - 20 minutes walk or 5 minutes by car. If you're not hiring a car I' think it would probably be worth going there & getting a taxi back if needs be.
Hello fortysomething, glad you enyoyed your "rest " with your lovely Mum, it was nice meeting you both.
David (crookesmoorlad ) and Janet

:wave:
Hello Elaine again,
Fortysomething has said about the larger supermarket. It's called Caprabo Hypermarket, I actually put a posting in the other Iris apartments thread to Bevknowsbest but it has been sidetracked somehow.
It probably will take you about ten minutes to get to the Caprabo hypermarket, but probably a lot longer coming back with all the shopping if you are walking LOL :haha The prices are very good (much much cheaper than the "Spar shops) . Also they have proper milk , very fresh meat and cooked meats, veg, fruit ,wines and beers , and a bakery with freshly baked bread which is lovely !!! and different fresh pies etc. You must go early in the day though because they sell out of a few of the fresh items . The Caprabo is opposite J J's restaurant which is very good , although you can't really miss it ,it's as big as the big supermarkets here , but I think they close at 9 o'clock .
I hope this has helped , have a lovely time
David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.