America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
i am glade to hear you enjoyed yourselves,you sound on a high i am pleased for you
...you've never heard of chowder before?! :shock:

Glad you had a nice time! Now, for REAL clam chowder you should have come to Monterey. I could have shown you some proper chowder, not that San Francisco knock-off. lol Just kidding, SF chowder is great. Maybe next year, eh?
Great report! We will hopefully to do a similar trip next july,cant wait! Mark
Delighted to hear you had such a great time! Sounds like you had a ball and packed in as much as possible. Hope the jet lag isn't too bad.

Glad you found the Imperial Palace to be OK. Yes I'd like to stay at one of the more upscale places, but would rather stay at the IP and spend the $$ elsewhere.

luci :wave
Glad you enjoyed it
We havent been to warner bros, may get there next time it sounds good.
It is so cool hanging off the cable cars going up and down the hills in SF, we didnt try the chowder either :D

Graham & Kathy
Texas -- 6 weeks & Counting
great post! We are looking to do this for hubbys 40th, glad you enjoyed it
Come - to California -... is that an offer from you????? Will definately be back - already got next years 1st addition brochures. Just had my photos back - what memories!!
I agree with 'come to California' on the Clam Chowder. The best I've ever tasted was in Monterey! We were at the Seafood restaurant at the end of the dock by the Cannery with great bay views - can't remember the name - fabulous!
The restaurant is Rappa's. Went there the other day, although I didn't eat. No sea lions, unfortunately, but it's not the best time of the year for them. Mmm clam chowder.
No that's not it :lol: It wasn't on the Fisherman's Wharf part, but the Cannery Row bit - here it is:- http://www.fishhopper.com/

I wanna go back :lol:
Ohh okay, sorry, yeah I think I know that restaurant. Mmm chowder.
Great report - glad you had a good time.

We visited SF a couple of years ago as one of friends was working over there. It was just fab but there was still so much we didn't see so we plan to back at some point but this time combine with a couple of days in wine country.

We plan to go to LV for our 10 wedding anniversary - we fancied renewing our vows with a fake Elvis for a laugh. Well you've gotta do something tacky in Vegas don't you? :lol: It's 4 years off though! Mind you I do like to plan my holidays in advance!
Glad you had such a great time! Thanks for the report, cant wait to go there my self (just over 3 months time yippee!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.