Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Just returned
9 Posts
I'm so pleased you enjoyed Tunisia and it looks as if, like quite a few of us, you will be going back again. As you say PEK is 'man-made' but a lovely place to wander round and sit people watching, though personally I prefer to stay in Sousse, which is handy for the buses, trains and metro if you want to explore further afield. I'm glad you managed to fit in the Sahara trip as it is certainly worth doing, though it can be tiring.
Greenshoes, hi. You must have really enjoyed your holiday as I did last November. Isn't the Sahara trip amazing? That was definately the highlight of my holiday and although very tiring, so what? I was on holiday and just had a lazy day the day after it. Would thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of Tunisia this year.
Another one bites the dust? :rofl :welcome :bow Glad you enjoyed your holiday, some place ?
The Sahara trip is a MUST for anyone travelling to Tunisia. Im already planning my next trip. I really want to tour the North next time and see Tunis while Im there. I think next time we would try Sousse and possibly go in mid June. :)
Yes the 2 day trip must be great, never done it myself.
However, I have driven my own Land Rover all the way to the desert and spent over two weeks travelling around down there. No big hotels for us though, we use the tent on the roof.

But yes the desert is a fantastic place, in Douz last year I experienced my first sand storm, I'm glad I was in Douz, not the middle of the desert.

Sorry, not trying to gloat, just liking the fact that people do like to experience the desert as I do myself.
Kevin
digby wrote:
Greenshoes, hi. You must have really enjoyed your holiday as I did last November. Isn't the Sahara trip amazing?

Do you have any idea on the cost of the sahara trip these days anyone??
Off the top of my head lisa, i think it was around £80=175 dinar in April.
We done the trip 3 years ago, well worth it.
The price had not risen that much in 3 years.
175 dinar plus extra money if you want to do the camel ride and horses while you are on the trip. That includes all meals but not drinks and an overnight stay in a hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.