Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
just returned!
25 Posts
:tup

Thank you les for your report cant wait to hear about the hotel sounds great, so pleased you had agood time we go on the 21st and to be honest if the shacks are not up and running then we will also try other places, Plus we are staying at the new hotel Nazri so may find i am very comfortable therem At the end of the day we are just going to chill after a long yr.

Pip
x
Hi Les, is it the Nitya Resort or Nizmar Resort ?

If its Nitya I will add it for you.

Kath x
hi kath,its the nitya resort,and thanks
ive submitted my report ,thanks kath
no probs kath,least i can do.i rely heavily on this site whenever im booking my hols,so nice to give a little back.
nice report hun. Good to know the flight was ok Im off in march from manchester with qatar.

does the hotel you stayed at have a website? Id like to check it out while im there. I always look at one or two for future ref ;)
Hi Les,

looks like you are rught about the shack prices going up this year.I noticed a few things which were cheaper in local restaurants and in my hotel than at the "shack" we used.Drinks mainly but simple stuff too like scrambled eggs etc.

Maybe they are trying to make up for a late start and higher licence fees.

I do not mind paying a little bit more but the idea was always that the shacks were cheaper.

It is also possible the Hotels are trying to compete more.

Papa
wife likes a particular cocktail was 200 rupees in march now 270!!! :)
Thanks for the link have to agree it looks really nice. Bit to far out from where i like to stay in candolim for me but nice place :)
Nice report Les, fill us all in a bit more when you have got back into UK mode ! Did you get into Panjim, as this was on your plans ?
Spike.
hi leslie
enjoyed your review. can you tell me where the hotel is located exactly?
thanks
Also how did you get the rooms for such a good rate? The rate for a standard room on their website is 4400 rupees.
spike,i did get over to panjim,we had a good walk about all over the place,we spent about 4 hours walking about,was good,but didnt have a drink even :( ,lol,i didnt even have a meal as we werent really hungry although went into hotel fidalgo for a coffee and a cake,but the two restaraunts attached (i think) to the hotel looked superb inside cant remember name of them .really was a case of just browsing shops and generally looking about.

jtownson, i went to goa in march and stayed at the somy,and wasnt really over impressed there,although the lads were all great and a great pool,we thought the rooms themselves were poor,so last two days of our hols we were walking about and came across the hotel (nitya resort) and thought id just go in and have a look,stated telling me silly prices and i just said too dear and was walking out then he came and said to me ok 2000 per night,for the deluxe room (without bath) i thought thats ok but wanted the room with a bath which was dearer,and called his bluff and told him no ! i will pay the 2000 only if you give me the super deluxe with the bath,lol (well, i like a bath!!!!)and you just dont get one in most hotels in goa.he agreed,so i went back to somy got my passport (needed it to check into nitya)and a small holdall for the last two days of my hols.have to say,even the deluxe rooms are very nice only difference a little smaller and shower instead of bath .hope this is of help to you

bushbaby, not sure of the name of road its on,but places very close to it are ,,,opposite sportsmans bar about 100 yards towards calangute,or if you know where the lacoste shop/nike shop/benneton shops are,come out of there and head towards calangute,its on opposite side of the road to them shops i mentioned earlier,it would take about 3 minutes walk to get there.
if some one can guide me though it in simplton term lol,i will gladly put some photographs of the hotel on,regards leslie and tina :)
Les you really must try Mirch Masala restaurant in the Fidalgo next time you go. Food and service both superb.
yes katie,i seen it and it looked absolutley superb,deffo try next time
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.