Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We go to Benidorm for Easter, and I think we'll be spending far more time than usual on the patio.
I think most of us will be the same, Helen

It will be easy to spot the Brits abroad in 2009 .. plenty of 'street parties' outside the mobile homes on campsites!! :rofl
Giving Castell Montgri another chance this year in July. Lidl will be seeing more of me than the bars no doubt. We returned from CDP last year with more than 400 euros which we, thankfully, stuck in a cabinet and forgot to change back to pounds, No excursion to Barcelona this year.
Yeah, thankfully i've got a few Euros stuck by too that have grown in value!

I won't be doing any excursions either, and it will be Lidl for me also. I don't think i will be entertaining €4 or €5 euro drink prices at the bars either!

Actually, i won't know if my interbrava holiday is a go-er until the end of January, and given the current exchange rate i wouldn't actually be too gutted if it was cancelled!! I'd just go to my caravan instead!
Another thing ... being a veggie and going self catering, i always take some packet food and some other stuff with us, but given the fact that we are going by coach and don't really have the same weight restrictions, i'll definitely be firing in a good few food items to keep us going on our week during this expensive period!!!!! :tup
^ I've been to Montrgri 5 times, this year my 6th and the first without my parents.

I'm going with my husband, sister in law and her fiance. I've told her its a trip to Asda before we to get loads of packet foods/pasta/rice etc to save us some cash.

I'm a bit gutted actually, its their first holiday abroad and the euro is rubbish they wont reap the benefits.

I do agree though, out on the patio with my drinks from the supermarket and lidl will be my friend!
We have a cunning plan to survive the crunch, go down to santa Sussanah were my parents are on an all inclusive with ferris at the same time and get them to get the drinks in! Also am going on our own for the first time which should cut our bar bill by half. Our travel companions were not always first to reach to pay for the round but wud order grande sangria or double rum and coke then not order a drink on their round - nice!

Always shopped at lidl and get the san miguel in bulk from the supermarket in town. More home cooking than eating out and just go down to see the shows and be at the kiddies disco. If the train is running use it to go to different beach area away from shopping temptation!

Will have to have a glass of sangria at the bar or wouldn't feel like a spanish holiday lol!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.