Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I've just returned from Kenya today. This story was also in the Daily Nation whilst I was in Kenya.

Security is very tight at JKIA, and in downtown Nairobi. Everyone accepts it and it does not cause undue stress. Otherwise in Western Kenya, the Rift Valley and in the Mara it's business as usual.

However I read that the British Navy had just arrested 13 Somali pirates, and whilst I was there I learned through watching Al Jazeera that the British Government were trying to get a legal ruling on hitting terrorists of what ever persuasion (Al Shabab or Al Quaida or ...) in their 'home' territories which currently border Kenya.

Perhaps that indicates an escalation of the risk of 'tit for tat' retaliatory action in Kenya by 'rebels'/'terrorists' if action against 'enemy bases' were to go ahead.

Just be street-wise and don't let any terrorist threats cause you to change your life .. if you 'give in' by changing your holiday plans you are showing them they've won ... but after considering reality v risks carefully.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.