Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Royal Asarlik Hotel, Gumbet. It is a FC Premier Hotel. Hubby done some dodgy dealing playing FC off against Sky Travel. Still getting the compo refund aswell
Now going up the pub for a drink to drown my sorrows. Will have a look on here when I get back.
Same here Foxy we can not afford to pay for another holiday if we change to another tour operator.
Sukaay When FC called, they said it was the management team out there this afternoon who said that the site wasn't up to standards.
we seriously dont know what to do
It would have been nice to have had the opportunity to have done some dealing. Some chance with just one offer of a hotel!!! But good on you I am pleased you did well. Catch up on here soon.
but on their advertisment they say civil engineers there earlier in the week so they still talking cr&p all got different stories
I am glad I logged on tonight otherwise I would have had no idea that my holiday was cancelled. I am so angry :rage - this is the 3rd time FC have cancelled my holiday this year. I want serious compensation.

Jane and mick we stayed at the summer palace 2 years ago We had a great time and couldn't fault it
On their info. it says Independent civil engineers have been visiting the site and this week decided some facilities did not meet their standard so fc made a decision not to send holidaymakers this summer :?
Subscribe to part three of the soap opera
I can only sympathise with all of you, as you have been let down appalingly.

When I was there I saw a party of people being shown around the site, they were obviously V.I.P.'s but exactly who I do not know, but this was back on the 14th June, surely then they would know there was a problem?

Whilst I will never enjoy ( or is that endure?) the delights of all inclusive, I appreciate how important my free time and my holidays are to me and would not like to be messed about with in this way.

This now means that none of the projected Aqua Beach Club resorts due to open in Greece this year will a happen.

Corfu ABC - Governemnt intervention prevents building
Kefalonia ABC - Subsidence cause project to be abandoned for 2006
jane and mick could you please tell me when did fc tell you all this (did they contact you and have they offered you a olternative ) :(
has anyone got a phone number and are they open now please :bhead
First Choice has taken the decision not to put customers into the Kos Aqua Beach Club this summer, and will now be taking legal action against the developer. For full details of the statement, please click here:

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/info/latestnews2.html

For important advice from Travel Law Solicitor, Ros Enough, please click here:

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic
NICOLA ESSEX

There is no need to change currency for Turkey.

They welcome foreign currency and will gladly take the Euro, in fact you will probably get more for your money.

I popped over for the day when in kos and was spending in Euro and Sterling there.
Now that none of the Aqua Beach Clubs in Greece will open this year will First Choice be refunding all the admin fees they took from people who decided to change holidays before all of this happened?
Good point net detective, probably try to find some way of getting around this.
I am so sorry that all of u got cancelled at such short notice I was so shocked when I came on here tonight.
I was cancelled 13 days before I was due to go to KABC that was nearly 6 weeks ago now and still havent got my refund ( was due £1,000 back beacsue we got holiday in the sale)so don't hold any hope for speedy refunds although ABTA says that you should recieve your refund within 10 days, I also have ahd no comeback on my compensation had a letter ackonowledging my letter of complaint but nothing since and they are suposed to inform you of any decisions within 28 days or let you know what the delay is.
Good luck with finding new holidays, I went to Turkey Pegasos Palace and ended up having a brilliant holiday so there is hope.
I am sure I read somewhere on here that someone was leaving for the airport early evening so the poor people probably didnt even know they were cancelled until they reached the airport which is terrible thing to happen.
Fingers crossed it all works out for you
What do I think Sukaay? Take the Platanista offer. You are getting a superior hotel and 20% cash back will buy you plenty of beers. Those beers will be in iced glasses not the plastic cup many AI offer. You go into a car dealership order a ford and and given a Mercedez. You would be a fool not to take it. As for the Kids, well they should not be eating ice cream and drinking soft drinks to their hearts content anyway. It is not healthy for them.
  • Edited by sp55 2006-06-30 22:54:33
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.