Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
If that is the only hotel you would consider then you have little choice to but to book early or you could find no availability, even more so if your dates aren't flexible.

For our winter Caribbean holiday we always book late to get a good price, but then we can travel on any dates and there is always something decent to be had but I booked our Sept week in Salou this year early and although I know I shouldn't, I kept checking the price, it never went down and eventually there were no flights from our airport of choice so had I booked late it wouldn't have been any cheaper and getting to the airport would have cost us more.
To be honest I would book as early as I could to get the early bird discount. When we went with 17 days notice from an English airport rather than the scottish one to Salou it cost us more as there were no late deals available for the hotel we wanted. I kept checking with days to go and there was just no change in the price at all.
It depends on the early booking discount. If it is somewhere around 15% it is definitely a good deal. 5 to 10% are not bad, but could be worth risking a lastminute. Lastminute deals usually are between 20 and 25% off. July is historically a busy month, especially in hotels like Las Vegas. Hope this helps you a bit.
If you particularly want to go to the Las Vegas I would book early - its a good hotel and attracts a lot of repeat business - pretty much the best 3* hotel in Salou and its popularity confirms this!
thanks for your help!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.