Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
i never moan as the pubs i drink in , like the drop in , the yorkshire pride 2 and some of the spanish pubs in the street i drink only charge 1 euro-1 euro 30 for a san mig or a mahou , by the time i reach the dear pubs i cannae be bothered drinking much more anyway. :really

and it always amazes me why the western saloon bar (ambasador playa) doesnt do a happy hour or 2 during the day , its always empty because of the drink prices , and thats a shame because some good bands are on at that time.
tartanscone wrote:

and it always amazes me why the western saloon bar (ambasador playa) doesnt do a happy hour or 2 during the day , its always empty because of the drink prices , and thats a shame because some good bands are on at that time.

And we spent a whole afternoon in there with my God-daughter and her mates. We had a good few rounds between the five of us and only later, when I looked at the receipt, did I realise we had been charged for more drinks than we actually had. :tut

luci :wave
I can't say that I saw much difference from this year to last, we only spent an extra 100 Euro but were there an extra day so that's fair enough.

I had much better self catering cooking facilities this year so we only ate out at breakfast time twice but I was spending bus fare almost every day for the four of us to go to Benidorm as we were staying in La Cala instead of Levante. Other than breakfast eating out we did exactly the same as last year so after initial concerns I am very happy with the amount we spent.
Hi,
Anyone been to Benidorm recently? How much more expensive is it? Any rough ideas how much spending money I would need for two of us for a week in October? We will be drinking every night(spirits not beer!) and will be looking for things to do during the day, staying half board so hopefully won't be buying too much food!
Thanks.
myself and g/f going last week in oct, S/c, we'll be out every day/night :D We've got no idea how much we'll need but taking £500 worth of euros each and see how we get on.
I've just got some euros from my bank and got 230euros for £!92.00.Not a lot but I'm going fullboard with 4 children .Their pretty good eaters so at least they'll eat most offered to them and it'll be healther.I generally just take so much and use the cash machines in the Banks when their open and take it out as I need it.I've not taken huge amounts of money or travellers cheques for ages.
anyone just come back if so what was the euro and do you think the prices have gone up a lot been reading on some forums that it has gone expensive but i bet everywhere the same now
In Benidorm at the moment, but it´s Sunday so can´t check Sheila´s. At the exchange place the internet is in it´s €1.01 today if changing 100 GBP.

Prices seem the same, it´s just the effect of the exchange rate that is making it more expensive. Happy Hour at Buddie´s Bar, 2 drinks and mixer for €2.70 and there are still breakfasts from €2.00.

I went 2nd dec some prices were dearer near enough a pound for a euro.I certainly didn't spemd what I usually spend.It's dropped alot I got 1.10 to the pound now it's 1.01.Hope it improves as it puts you off booking.
Have any of you just come back from Benidorm please? We have a week's SC booked at Easter, and are now thinking about spends. What are prices like there at the moment?
Hi Helen
If you work on prices as one for one.....that is one euro=one pound sterling, then you won't go far wrong.
If you're only going to drink a branded spirit or something like Magners (cider I believe) that's imported into the country, it will be expensive now.
If you are prepared to seek out and walk, you will find coffee and brandy at £1.50p/£1.75 p and other "offers".
I think this was at Marianos...probably spelt that wrong, but it is very popular on Calle Gerona between the Hotel Ocas and the end of Calle Gerona.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2037/xmas2009112mf0.th.jpg

These were just a few snaps that I took whilst passing the places, I really had better things to take photo's of, they are all over Benidorm if you look.
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5830/xmas2009113tn8.th.jpg http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7905/xmas2009114ac7.th.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4517/xmas2009115jq2.th.jpg http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6011/xmas2009117qx2.th.jpg
This is not a very good photo, but is the prices in the hotel, sorry, I said coffee was €1.10, it is €1.30 centimos....wow, big deal a whole 20 cents....I don't know how I managed to pay those prices for a whole fortnight on a state pension. :rofl (I'm joking before anybody jumps on me)
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1976/xmas2009197ei1.th.jpg

Helen, you've been to the place on the Costa del Sol that I have visited every June for years and I also try and get back in September, did you see plenty of prices like this in La Carihuela.?
I have never seen these prices, my holiday to the CDS always cost me more (in spending money) and last June I think we were getting €1.20 to the pound.

Click on image to enlarge...Thanks to ImageShack for hosting.

Sanji
Those prices look good compared to CDS Sanji. :D I feel a bit better about it now. We like to drink the local stuff & also enjoy the tapas bars for lunch
Mate has just returned from Beni
She said the drinks prices have gone up a heck of a lot since the summer(when she was last there)
some of the caberet clubs are charging 4.50 euro a pint and 3 euro for a mixer.
Anyone like to share what sort of prices they have been charged
I may have to have a re-think on my spending money
too be honest , everyone should stay clear of the caberet clubs untill they lower their prices .

better off going to the western saloon bar , you get great entertainment and its only 2 euro 20 a pint/bottle of lager.
Got charged 4.50 for a pint of local and 2.80 for a glass of pump coke inc 3 lumps of ice in the Talk of the Coast.Best place maybe the White Horse. Happy hour 7.30pm to 9.30pm on local beer and spirits.Then roughly 5,50 for a pint and a local spirit with mix.Girl called Sasha gives a few songs 8.30 till 9.30.Then another 2 acts each night.
HI, we're off to Beni for the first time in April. We do enjoy a few :cheers so appreciate everyone's recent input on this thread. We're hoping to get a bit of entertainment but TBH I can't see us visiting many cabaret bars if those are the prices they're ripping off people. Tartanscone and pipefitter, I like the sound of the places you mentioned. Has anyone else got any bars to recommend where the prices aren't extortionate and preferably have a singer, quiz, karaoke :really or even bingo. Thanks.
Could have put this in the bar recommendation section but thought that as my query mainly relates to the drinks prices, it would be ok here. Thanks again.
Buddies Bar has bingo every night and a happy hour 8-10pm with local spirits and mixer two for €2.70. The Frog and Toad has two drinks for €3.00 all the time and has karaoke. Both on Calle Ibiza.

That's great Luci. Just the type of recommendations and prices we're after. I'm going to be making a list of all those that sound good, to take with me :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.