Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
I answer to your question (well kind of) - have been to Maldives twice - in 2004 without daughter and 2007 with daughter (who was 10).

Don't get me wrong on this but I have absolutely no problem with children in the Maldives, but I (me personally) did not want to take my daughter in 2004 as she was only 7 and hubby and I thought she would get bored. We did see a smallish baby in Kuredu in 2004, and a couple of young children on Velidhu in 2007 (probably between the ages of 7-10). If I didn't want to see any children, then I would have gone to an adults only island.

My daughter absolutely loved it in the Maldives, so much so that we have booked to go again (Olhuveli) in October 2009 for her 13th birthday. She can't wait. As long as your toddler loves the sand and the sea (which is really warm and shallow) you'll have no problems. You will need extra strong sun cream as the sun is incredibly hot and you can still get burned when it rains - both my daughter and I use Avon's factor 50 for kids, waterproof and resistant, and shows up white when wet.

Kids are loved over there, and the staff are very attentative towards them. I would suggest though that if you are planning on going to the Maldives with your toddler you choose a slightly larger island as children are more catered for (i.e. Sun Island (the biggest of the Maldives Islands), Bandos (not been but friends have and their kids enjoyed it), Kuredu (fairly big with good kids activities).

I could go on, but you will need to choose your own paradise island. Hope this helps, and let me know how you get on and what you choose. Thanks.
Chris,

How about Diva Maldives?

The resort has 6 restaurants, a Spa and The Nest (Kids Club).

This is how Diva describes The Nest:

http://naiade.com/en/hotels/maldives/diva_maldives/other_services.aspx
  • Edited by David 2008-12-14 10:08:45
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Weblink inserted to replace copyright protected material.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.