Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We've been in June and everything is open. I think if you went in April when it opens at the start of the season you might find one or two things shut.
There are plenty kids there although not as many as in July or August. Thank your lucky stars. It gets very busy then.
There seem to be more British kids every year so I wouldnt worry. Also most of the German and other European kids speak a wee bit of English and most of the staff now speak English. If you use the kids club your kids will soon make friends with kids from all over. I actually used to like it when there were only a handful of Brits. My kids made lots of friends from Europe and still keep in touch with a German family we met there.
We're going in mid June with our 4 children, so maybe we'll see you there :D - really can't afford to go in school holidays unfortunately.

The children are really excited and are already talking about it. It's the first time to Turkey for us and we were looking for a hotel with lots going on for the kids who'll be 10, 7, 5, 5 and this seems to have hit the bill :pele
i agree with bridd we went end of may to the first week in june and it was fine, kids had a ball all of them loved it and we had ages from 4 to 18 with us, my little daughter was 5 and still says 18mths later it was the best holiday she has ever had , its a fab place and the food is wonderful too
OOh I can't wait, happy, entertained kids and lovely food, what more can a woman ask for? :yipee
the scenery around lykia is stunning if you stand and turn around everywhere you look is gorgeous from the mountain,gardens to the sea, beautiful place, the kids will love it, they can take part in the weekly show then act it out in the ampitheatre in front of everyone, kids clubs for all ages, fab water park with great slides, kids paradise and it is lol
We did go to Lykia a couple of years ago for a week but I can't remember anything about the kids facilities because we didn't use them at all! My little boy (now 4) was a baby and what I remember most about the holiday was nappies/sunhats/dummies/ sunblock etc etc (oh yes and buggies and steps)! We are so looking forward to going back because this time hopefully we will be able to really make full use of all the facilities. I'm thinking of doing that walking tour someone mentioned just so we don't miss anything!

We're going out of school holidays because of the price too, and maybe also the heat and the fact that when I booked most of the Summer holidays were already fully booked (with Thomas Cook anyway - who gave me the best price at the time). Having said that we paid more for two weeks SC in Majorca July last year than we are for Lykia in June!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.