Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I would contact Ros and get her to take them on for you. That is disgraceful!
Is this what happens when independent tour operators are taken over by the "biggies" I wonder? I must say I was very surprised to see Meon Villas under a Complaints heading!!!!! Before they were taken over they had dedicated and professional reps, who really cared for their customers in resort and did everything they could to ensure nothing went wrong.

Have you actually written to Meon, or did you have to go through First Choice?

p.s. no, I don't, nor ever have, worked for them!!!!!!!! :D
I used Meon last year as well, and foolishly accepted their assurance that I wouldn't have the monumental privacy problems we had again (15 visits from house related staff in 14 days, none of whom knocked, just turned up in the gardens). They have proved to be obstinate, and particularly dismissive. I have had lots of contact with them, and you're right about the "biggies" takeover, they just don't care. There answers to all of the problems were to have more people to turn up to rectify all of the horrendous problems. Quite how they expected someone to turn up and grow a new garden in an afternoon i'll never know. Their brochure is so, so misleading. If anyone would like a copy of the video clips I made of the collapsed high chair, the dangerous chemicals, the bird infestation, the overgrown garden, all in their "5 star" villa, then please contact me with an email address.
As has been mentioned Phil give Ros a ring on 01922 621114 for free legal advice.
Meon have gone badly downhill in my view. We rented an expensive villa in Avlaki,, Corfu, and were banned from swimming in the pool which went green and then cloudy and they offered a derisory compensation at a taverna of THEIR choice. I re-booked after coming home, expecting a reasonable response, but it took them most of the year to answer and now I am still waiting for an answer to a 13th May email which was promised within 28 days (it's now 26th June). I would never book with them again.
as we have said many times before, email is not a good way of sending complants that may need to be followed up or eventually used in court. When dealing with big companies you may find that spam filters delete messages without anyone knowing (and it's more likely to be your filter deleting their message). Always use recorded delivery letters.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.