Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
mobile phones
4 Posts
My o2 phone works fine up the eastern end, after it roams to the local service, & I get a better signal at my place in Kalo Horio than I do at home in Maldon in Essex! :duh

Never tried a DAB radio so someone else will have to help with that.
Pete
provided your phone is Roaming enabled and at least Duel band then the only problem is the Cost Of The Calls [they will not be taken from any monthly allowance]

yasus
wizard
Also be aware that any calls/texts you do make might take a while to show on your account back in the UK.

Two years ago in Stalis I allowed my son to use my phone a few times to call his girlfriend back home (ah, young love!) - I thought I was being clever by keeping a check by going on t'internet and logging into my virgin account to see a record of the calls he'd made. Unfortunately I didn't realise that the Greek phone companies can take a while (often weeks) to bill the UK companies and I ended up with a hefty bill the month after we got home!

Last year we bought him a phone card and this year I think we're taking the girlfriend with us! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.