General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Mobile Phones
11 Posts
I've got the samsung galaxy S3 Babs, I didn't particularly want a 'farty' phone but hubby bought me it last year. I haven't had any problems with it and a friend who uses hers as her only source of Internet access loves hers.

If you opt for a sim only deal check out Virgin, unlimited minutes, unlimited data, unlimited texts, 30 day rolling contract £15
I have a Samsung Galaxy also which my son bought as Christmas present 2012, mine is PAYG with 02, and top up when needed, I also have the 'add on' with 02 for 3G which is £6 per month which you can cancel anytime. This set up suits me fine.
Whatever you buy make sure you know that the network you sign up to provides a useable signal in your own home. Don't believe any maps about coverage you see on websites. Get a friend on your new network to prove it works at your house. O2 was supposed to be good at my house, but it's only just useable on a good day if I stand in a corner by the window. 25 yards away from my house it's brilliant. I've put up with 2 years of misery on O2 so beware. :think
I replaced my Wildfire S with a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini around 3 months ago and it has been a vast improvement. My daughter had a Samsung Galaxy Ace on contract and it had so little memory on it that it wouldn't take the Facebook app; the Wildfire S was bad but at least it had enough memory for Facebook. She has now put her sim card into hubby's old HTC Desire.
We are with ee, who are okay. Contract isn't up until May but I thought I'd start looking now. There are so many phones out there its difficult to know what's best. Daughter swears by Nokia which is what we have been looking at but I've had a Samsung before and was happy with it.
Son went from HTC Wildfire to Samsung Galaxy Mini and he seems happy with it. Says it's a much better phone.

I think you can get them on contract from Tesco (which is O2) for about £22 a month for 24 monTHS.
Samsung Galaxy s2 on contract with 3 and now due a upgrade, now looking at the S3 OR S4 but will be Samsung again...great phone.
I just got the Galaxy S4 ZOOM free from Phones4U on contract for only 16.99 a month. AND you get free case, tripod, extra battery and special off-line charger - special Samsung kit!
And amazing phone with a brilliant camera - ideal for photo geeks.
I would give a thumbs up for Phones4u , we went out to buy 2 phones and out of the 3 shops we went to they were the only ones who made an effort to serve us the other 2 we just walked out unnoticed after looking intently for quite a while , they matched a contract price that others were offering gave me the phones for free ( I phone 5 ) plus cases free .
Samsung do seem very popular and look great but I wanted the iPhone specifically because of my other apple products otherwise I would have probably chosen a Samsung
Just spoken with Orange (hubby's phone is broken) and we can get an upgrade in May, but the actual contract doesn't run out until July, which gives us a good while to look around and see what is on offer.

I'll have a look at Samsung.

Anyone have any feelings as to which is better - a Windows phone or an Android? Too much to think about :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.