Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
My first visit
2 Posts
Hi Robert,

Sveti Konstantin is a smaller resort than Golden Sands or Sunny Beach and, in my opinion, all the better for that.

Sveti Konstantin is around 7.25 kilometres from Varna & around 8.25 kilometres from Golden Sands there are frequent buses in either direction, which are a very cheap way of getting around. Taxis are plentiful but tend to grossly inflate their normal fares for tourists.

If you are taking cash, definitely wait until you are in Bulgaria and use real banks, rather than hotel exchange bureaux, for the best rates - the Cooperative bank in Svet Konstantin always used to offer reasonable rates, or there are many bank branches in Varna - today's rate at Raiffeisen Bank is 2.839, or Postbank's is 2.8392. I would suggest avoiding street exchange bureaux or people who will offer to change money in the street, or you WILL be 'ripped off'.

The past two Julys have been almost too hot for me - but I don't have a crystal ball for the weather a month in advance......:wink:

Going in mid-July myself.

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.