Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
They are allowed 28 days to reply.

As I no longer have the original print out of the additional costing of the upgrade for the flight in question

Do you mean you no longer have your documentation regarding your purchase of the return upgrade?
Good to see Mytravel still can't manage their premier seating arrangements. We went to Kerala in 2002 and there was chaos on both flights due to the seats being overbooked - thankfully we got ours on both legs as we had experienced 3-3-3 seating before and it is awful.

When you paid at Manchester was it in the confirmation that the price was for a return journey? If it wasn't and I was mytravel I'd be arguing it was a single price.

If you had the option of paying £110 for a return seat I would have paid it under protest (with this stated on any paperwork) and claimed it back via small claims.
The price you were quoted is usually a one way price, not return. That's probably why you didn't get the seats on your return leg.
But when we booked via the internet the upgrade was £133 and £119 the following week

When you book a flight you pay for a RETURN not just ONE-WAY -- so the upgrade should also be RETURN
You can see the cost of the upgrade on this picture I have uploaded.

http://www.dept-pb.com/119.jpg
Glynis --- All they gave us was our Visa Debit Reciept for the £240

When we picked tickets up we were given a single piece of paper that stated £240 to be paid which when we went to CS desk at side of the check-in desk the person that took our payment kept this slip of paper (as it only said £240 to be paid)
I've had a look on their site and it certainly appears to be return - doesn't say otherwise. Am wondering though whether this was actually one way with booking at the airport? But surely they would have asked if you wanted return?

Kath HT Admin often books premier hopefully she may be able to offer some advice.
and simply gave me a customer survey form to fill in

These forms are simply a means of gathering data. What did you like or dislike. What extras you would be prepared to pay for.

They also become a means of raising revenue as the information is shared with similar organisations. Read the small print. You need to opt out in writing in most cases otherwise you will find the junk mail dropping on your mat

They are collated onto a massive database where they are able to highlight what the majority of people would like.

In your particular case the idea of being able to book seats or upgrade will have originally been comments that people have made.

The trend for budget airlines to charge extra for luggage also came from that.

They should never be considered a means of lodging a complaint.

From experience of these I doubt if they are even seen by the TO. Companies are paid to gather and analyse these forms and produce reports.

Note is taken of complaints but they are not a priority unless they reach a level where it may be a concern and effect business.

You have taken the correct action in writing them and threatening to forward to Ros if you do not get a satisfactory settlement.

They do have 28 days from the acknowledgement and that usually arrives around day 27.

As for the physical size of passengers I have every sympathy but I doubt that will change.

fwh
I've no doubt that the website offer return upgrades only.

But if you choose to upgrade on the flight, it would be for one way only (as they wouldn't be able to upgrade you there and then for your return trip).

But i've no idea about if you do it at the airport? I would suspect one way only. It's very bad though if this wasn't made apparent at time of booking.
FWH --- No the form I was given was a CUSTOMER COMPLAINT FORM that I gave the same kind of information that I wrote in the letter I sent them, the purser also had to fill in the back section of the form and hand to customer services back in the UK
Back to the question about how long for a reply, in my latest round of timewasting with them Cheshire Trading Standards wrote to them on 20th July giving them 10 days to pay up and waited over 2 weeks just to get an acknowledgment. The response took another 4 weeks (and then they tried to change the subject).
Just a quick update --- I mailed MyTravel again today stating that is they did not respond to my letter within 14 days then I would involve ABTA & TRADING STANDARDS....

And within 2 hours I got a reply saying they have printed the email and will personally take it to the customer services department and I will receive a reply within the 14 day time period.
When we booked the seats for our flight we were offered the premair gold seats for £175 but it was explained to us that was one way. We'd have to pay £350 return per seat for premair gold. So I do believe here that you only paid for one way as on the flights if they have any left they are usually offered on the actual plane for around £100. That is only for the flight you are on. I think you have misunderstood that it was for the outbound flight only that you paid.
We were informed when we booked that they were RETURN (BOTH WAYS)
We booked on 1st Feb to fly to Goa on the 20th December for 3 weeks with Airtours on a mytravel flight. We booked early to make sure we could get Premiair Gold seats. We booked for my son and girlfriend to join us for the last 2 weeks traveling home together again booking Premiair gold seats.
On Friday, over eight and a half months after booking we received a letter to say that due to overbooking myself and my husband no longer had Premiair seats and the times of the flight was changed flying back at 7.00 in the morning. My travel agent contacted mytravel stating that as we had booked so early how could we possibly be now told that their is an overbooking situation.
At this late stage I trawled the internet and we couldn't even find alternative flights let alone Premium seats. We have had to move on to a Monarch flight travelling the day after to make sure we are all together traveling back at an additional charge of £364 - Having traveled Monarch before I am not looking forward to it. We have to go via Bahrain. My travel rep managed to get us Premium seats - don't know how she but we are very grateful.
I am so furious - I will write to Airtours but has anyone any knowledge of how we sit legally?
Have answered you in your own topic Dorothy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.