EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
No noise in Spain? That's hilarious!

Where is the hotel and is it in a residential area?
DECREE 326/2003
PROTECTION AGAINST NOISE POLLUTION IN ANDALUCIA

Here is a summary of the laws in respect of music, etc in bars, etc.
Music is not allowed to be heard outside the establishment.

All doors and windows must be closed whilst music is being played.

Bars without a music license can have a television or radio providing they are soundproof to 60dBA.

Bars without a music license may stage karaoke or live music (a maximum of 3 times a month) subject to permission from the local council. To achieve this permission they must install soundproofing as above and an acoustic limiter to the sound equipment. Music must cease at 23:00h. Permission must be applied for a minimum of 15 days before the event, and they must receive permission from the Commercial Department before staging the event.

Music Bars or Pubs must be soundproofed to a rating of 65 dBA (This must be certified by an accredited source). They must have an acoustic limiter installed to control the sound equipment. Bars with an ordinary opening license must apply for an extension of their license to permit music.

For the full regulations as they apply contact the Town Hall's Commercial Department in Plaza Ginebra, Sabinillas, where they will only be too happy to give you every assistance.

Here is the original in Spanish:
Quote:
DECRETO 326/2003 PROTECCIÃ"N CONTRA LA CONTAMINACIÃ"N ACÚSTICA EN ANDALUCÍA:

No se permite reproduccion de música fuera del establecimiento.
El local no puede tener puertas y ventanas abiertas.

Bares sin música.

La ley dice que para tener "una" television o "una" radio de baja potencia, el local debe estar levemente insonorizado, (60 dBA).

Bares sin música, pero con karaoke o actuaciones de vez en cuando (maximo 3 veces al mes).

Para conseguir autorizacion municipal, necesitan tener instalados un limitador-controlador acústico que actúe sobre todo el equipo de reproduccion.

No podran tener música mas tarde de las 23:00 h.

Deberan solicitarlo con una anticipacion mínima de 15 días, y esperar respuesta de la Delegacion de Comercio.

Bares con música o Pubs.

Deberan estar insonorizados (65 dBA), y presentar estudio acústico que lo demuestre.

Deberan tener instalados un limitador-controlador acústico que actúe sobre todo el equipo de reproduccion.

En el caso de no tener licencia Municipal de Apertura para Pubs, o bar con música,(solo bar, cafetería, etc...), debera realizar una ampliacion de la Licencia.

Para mas informacion, pueden ponerse en contacto con nosotros en la direccion que aparece en el membrete.
sunnysenorita - I didn't say I don't want any noise - I don't want excessive noise over my garden wall. Yes it is very much in a residential area.

Thank you very much Alan-Cheam - that is what I was looking for.
Charlie

What I was getting at is the fact that they put all these rules and regulations in force to stop bars being noisy but there always seems to be some kind of celebration going on in Spain which are very no¡sy and go on until the early hours of the morning. More so in the summer months.

So along with the Ferias we have the church bells ringing, brass bands playing, motor bikes speeding up and down, and the fact that the Spanish dont know how to talk to each other, (they only shout) generally makes it impossible for Spain to be a quiet country.

There always seems to be an exception to the rule. Hope this isnt the case with your situation. :D
Everything you mentioned is everyday life and we don't notice it any more - live near a church whose bells ring for ever but only our visitors ever mention it.
At this moment there are kids in the pool shouting and screaming but that is kids on holiday and we knew what we were living near but this stage is something else. It looks like an outdoor stage at a rock concert and wondered if they had built it for Status Quo or somebody - will just have to wait until it is finished to see what happens but wanted to be for-armed with the facts for when it all kicks off.
Hotels are allowed to have outdoor music until midnight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.